SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 142

Thread: Time to throw the bank at Mike Houston...

  1. #1

    Default Time to throw the bank at Mike Houston...

    It seems we are now capable of paying in the upper six figures for a coach. Mike Houston at this point is probably the safest hire and we can't afford to roll the dice with assistant coaches or guys who haven't been a head coach for very long.

    We had a chance to get a good head coach on the cheap last year, but that opportunity is gone and we need to splurge to make sure we stop the bleeding.

    That's my thought for the day...
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Time to throw the bank at Mike Houston...

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It seems we are now capable of paying in the upper six figures for a coach. Mike Houston at this point is probably the safest hire and we can't afford to roll the dice with assistant coaches or guys who haven't been a head coach for very long.

    We had a chance to get a good head coach on the cheap last year, but that opportunity is gone and we need to splurge to make sure we stop the bleeding.

    That's my thought for the day...
    What makes you believe that is true? You'll be paying the one you fired for a while. Maybe wishful thinking??

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    23,581

    Default Re: Time to throw the bank at Mike Houston...

    I've watched some of JMU play.

    They're running a generic spread, not really an option attack.

    How would our fanbase react to that? Even with his history of winning?

    I like Houston as well, just for reference.


  4. #4

    Default Re: Time to throw the bank at Mike Houston...

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

    How would our fanbase react to that? Even with his history of winning?
    You and I both know that you know the answer to that

  5. #5

    Default Re: Time to throw the bank at Mike Houston...

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I've watched some of JMU play.

    They're running a generic spread, not really an option attack.

    How would our fanbase react to that? Even with his history of winning?

    I like Houston as well, just for reference.
    As we all know, fans especially on the message boards are extremely fickle. If BVG actually won 8 or 9 games in 2006 and stayed around a couple more winning seasons including a couple of playoff runs, no one would be talking about option football anymore. There's the initial b****ing and whining and then with a few blowout wins, all of a sudden its a majority saying things like "as long as we keep winning I don't care what we run". Kind of like all those people apologizing today for all that good s*** they were spouting in 2015 about Fritz, now that there's a leaked tape of his side of the story.

  6. Default Re: Time to throw the bank at Mike Houston...

    Brian Bohannon is absolutely affordable 😁. And we won't break the bank.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Time to throw the bank at Mike Houston...

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I've watched some of JMU play.

    They're running a generic spread, not really an option attack.

    How would our fanbase react to that? Even with his history of winning?

    I like Houston as well, just for reference.
    Who knows what Houston would run if he came here?
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

  8. #8

    Default Re: Time to throw the bank at Mike Houston...

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Who knows what Houston would run if he came here?
    From his standpoint, since he's proven himself no slave to the TO, I would think he'd be motivated by whatever would make him more marketable at the next potential stop.
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Time to throw the bank at Mike Houston...

    Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    From his standpoint, since he's proven himself no slave to the TO, I would think he'd be motivated by whatever would make him more marketable at the next potential stop.
    Or he might be motivated to run whatever would help him win with the players he inherited and the offensive assistants he was able to hire.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

  10. Default Re: Time to throw the bank at Mike Houston...

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Or he might be motivated to run whatever would help him win with the players he inherited and the offensive assistants he was able to hire.
    Hell he might decide to keep Cook.

Similar Threads

  1. Mike Houston
    By Walt Mitty in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19th December 2015, 11:42 PM
  2. Mike Houston - Citadel Head Coach
    By Joseph in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 25th November 2015, 09:43 AM
  3. In other news, Mike Houston to Citadel
    By StingingEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 6th January 2014, 06:31 PM
  4. First Southern National Bank
    By Large Marge in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 22nd August 2011, 07:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •