SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule

1. Default Re: 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule

I remember when Bobby Cremins brought Tech to Hanner.

2. Default Re: 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    interesting Bama is sending over their womens team.
    Interesting that you think that is comparable.

Default Re: 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by True_Blue2010 View Post
    Interesting that you think that is comparable.
    Bama vs Bluefield.

4. Default Re: 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    I remember when Bobby Cremins brought Tech to Hanner.
    I was there. It was right before Tech went on that run of getting ACC freshman of the year a bunch of times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I haven't really followed basketball as closely and for as long as football. Have we ever had what this crowd would consider an attractive home schedule? I remember someone saying the UTA team we played last year was the best opponent to ever play in Hanner, and that doesn't seem to outlandish.
    You must have read that on this board and it was clearly someone that didn't know much about basketball. UTA wasn't even the best opponent to play in Hanner last season. UTA had a very good team last season, but to say they were the best ever to play in Hanner is a joke.
    You are right about us having a long history of playing a weak home non-conference schedule. MB, CY, Price, right on down the line.
    It seems that MB likes to play only one good team at home and a solid road schedule before conf play.

6. Default Re: 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    You must have read that on this board and it was clearly someone that didn't know much about basketball. UTA wasn't even the best opponent to play in Hanner last season. UTA had a very good team last season, but to say they were the best ever to play in Hanner is a joke.
    You are right about us having a long history of playing a weak home non-conference schedule. MB, CY, Price, right on down the line.
    It seems that MB likes to play only one good team at home and a solid road schedule before conf play.
    Are you saying that MB actually prefers a solid OOC road schedule over a solid home schedule? Or, is that just coach speak for he cannot get anyone to come to GS?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Are you saying that MB actually prefers a solid OOC road schedule over a solid home schedule? Or, is that just coach speak for he cannot get anyone to come to Hanner?
    MB prefers a solid OCC schedule and would love to have a mix of solid team at home and on the road, but we can't get solid teams to come to Statesboro. A lot of factors come into play, but it has more to do with Statesboro than Hanner or our talent IMO. But for us to settle for the non-D1 schools, etc. .......no excuse for that.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    MB prefers a solid OCC schedule and would love to have a mix of solid team at home and on the road, but we can't get solid teams to come to Statesboro. A lot of factors come into play, but it has more to do with Statesboro than Hanner or our talent IMO. But for us to settle for the non-D1 schools, etc. .......no excuse for that.
    Troy has Arkansas at home this season.
    UL-L has Iowa at home this season.
    Arkansas State hosted Alabama last year.

Really, a lot of the SBC schedules aren't anything to write home about, but they are better than ours. Heck App State's home non-conference schedule is better than ours are. I don't buy that it has to do with Statesboro, and it's obviously not the coach because like half said this has gone on through three different coaching staffs and probably 3 different ADs now.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Troy has Arkansas at home this season.
    UL-L has Iowa at home this season.
    Arkansas State hosted Alabama last year.

Really, a lot of the SBC schedules aren't anything to write home about, but they are better than ours. Heck App State's home non-conference schedule is better than ours are. I don't buy that it has to do with Statesboro, and it's obviously not the coach because like half said this has gone on through three different coaching staffs and probably 3 different ADs now.
    Its basketball, not football, NO excuse for not getting D1 teams coming to Hanner. Heck, call Gardner Webb, D1 schools like that. I'm slowly starting to think with this type of schedule, court side seats not worth the money.

10. Default Re: 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule

us (univ of north fla) is not much better of the 5 occ home games we play only 2 d-1 teams (f i u and Eastern Michigan) also we play Edward Waters and Trinity Baptist 2 schools within the city and the powerhouse of Florida National univ last year we did get to host univ of florida( 83 miles from unf) and univ of miami