SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ArkState Game

Default Re: ArkState Game

Coming from Atl with some friends. Quick trip down and quicker trip back. GATA!

2. Default Re: ArkState Game

We are so bad. Some people still haven't realized it. I guess a 20 point whooping from a losing sun belt team will help people realize the truth.

I really wish people would use "whipping," or, maybe if they're referring to an extreme whipping, the informal "whupping" (as in, "my daddy give me a whupping when I stoled that candy").

"Whooping," however, is a real word, and it rhymes with "hooping" or "trooping." Think "whooping cough" or "whooping with laughter" or "whooping like a war party of murderous red devils" or "Whooping Crane."

I just don't understand how "whooping" has become the internet's most popular synonym for "thrashing."

Damn this modern world.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

It might be because I am an optimist, but I think we stand a chance. Say what you want about how bad we have been or whatever about the staff, but I think the players will be itching to make an impact in the first home game. All we need is a good start, something we haven't had this year. We have been starting all of our games so negatively, I feel like if we can come out the gates with the first score, we can maybe get a win here.

Quote Originally Posted by OliveBranchEagle View Post
    It might be because I am an optimist, but I think we stand a chance. Say what you want about how bad we have been or whatever about the staff, but I think the players will be itching to make an impact in the first home game. All we need is a good start, something we haven't had this year. We have been starting all of our games so negatively, I feel like if we can come out the gates with the first score, we can maybe get a win here.
    +1, I think we end up getting a gut wrenching win next Wednesday. Far from pretty but a win. It's Time!

Quote Originally Posted by OliveBranchEagle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, I think we end up getting a gut wrenching win next Wednesday. Far from pretty but a win. It's Time!
    Ditto. Besides, the team owes me a win on my birthday!

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    Ditto. Besides, the team owes me a win on my birthday!
    We need to bring back those video segments, "It's Time". and play them on the Jumbotron at Paulson next Wednesday. That just might pump up our kids.

8. Default

i think we'll start out with three or four consecutive 3 and outs while ark st builds up atleast a 17 point lead. we'll lose the game despite playing better offensively in the second half against their second and third string players. pretty much a repeat of our last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by gseagle View Post
    i think we'll start out with three or four consecutive 3 and outs while ark st builds up atleast a 17 point lead. we'll lose the game despite playing better offensively in the second half against their second and third string players. pretty much a repeat of our last two games.
    The first 3 games really meant nothing. Starting next Wednesday we are playing for marbles, if we play another stinker, this board will be on fire! IT'S TIME Eagle Nation!

10. Default Re: ArkState Game

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    We need to bring back those video segments, "It's Time". and play them on the Jumbotron at Paulson next Wednesday. That just might pump up our kids.
    That was the best opening video ever. The past two years have been cheesy crap. I hope they go back to the 2014 stuff. No idea why they got rid of the "It's time to G-A-T-A!" with the Erk statue. By the ULM game that year, the whole stadium was chanting it.