SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: CBS Sports names Georgia Southern worst team in the country

Default Re: CBS Sports names Georgia Southern worst team in the country

Are we really going to be signing that many guys in December? A lot of the more highly-rated recruits are going to wait until February to see if some Power 5 can't get the guy they want and will be calling them as a backup.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    It may not be possible to have a coach in place and recover recruiting in time to make the Dec signing date, even if we fired Summers right now.
    I agree. Especially if it is a candidate that is presently a HC. That is one reason I felt we should have acted at the beginning of the bye week so no players looking at our losing ways would think we were hanging on to the same old same old and go somewhere else to win.

For recruiting he still has to be fired well in advance of signing day or given a two year extension. There is no in between for recruiting purposes.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I would imagine Monken had input as well.

He seemed to have an influence in all aspects of the program.
    Yep. For sure. I'd bet that both Coaches Davis & Monken know talent & how to get the most out of the players they coach.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    Fritz definitely whiffed at QB. I think he did a pretty good job with our secondary players though. I think he did a good job recruiting RBs too - the problem there is most of them arent on the roster anymore. Ken Thomas, Hallback and Sam Jackson, I thought were all gonna be pretty good. None of them made it to opening day.

One thing that confuses me about Fritz's recruiting is he raved about the OL that Monken left him and then he went and recruited a bunch of guys in a completely different mold. They weren't the best at pass blocking and that may be why, but with the QBs we had on our roster we weren't going to throw the ball nearly as much as they did at SHSU anyway.
    If they don't stay on the team, then no ... you didn't do a good job of recruiting.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    I regretfully think the decision has already been made. 2 more years.
    I am not sure what we as fans can do to prevent two more years of what we have now - other than voicing our displeasure, not attending games and not donating to the athletic department...

The longer this situation continues we will see more alumni, boosters and fans stop attending games and donating...

After more than 32 years of being a season ticket holder and donating to Southern Boosters/the Athletic Foundation, for the first time I am considering not purchasing season tickets or donating to the Athletic Foundation next year...

I haven't decided, but if the needed changes aren't made I may do something I hate to even think about...
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

You can donate, and just not buy tickets. That may be the best option if TS is back next year. Empty pockets are bad for everyone, but empty seats directly reflects upon the football program and speaks volumes.
    GATA!

7. Default Re: CBS Sports names Georgia Southern worst team in the country

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    You can donate, and just not buy tickets. That may be the best option if TS is back next year. Empty pockets are bad for everyone, but empty seats directly reflects upon the football program and speaks volumes.
    Old shxxxt, I mean old fart wants an empty stadium as a legitimate alternative. Interesting proposal. I'm sure everyone will give it serious consideration.😎

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Old shxxxt, I mean old fart wants an empty stadium as a legitimate alternative. Interesting proposal. I'm sure everyone will give it serious consideration.
    No, TK and TS are encouraging an empty stadium. Get your facts straight. I’m trying to at least keep the donations flowing. Go back to your moms basement until you have something on me.
    GATA!

9. Default Re: CBS Sports names Georgia Southern worst team in the country

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    No, TK and TS are encouraging an empty stadium. Get your facts straight. I’m trying to at least keep the donations flowing. Go back to your moms basement until you have something on me.
    Old shxxxt, I mean old fart I just think you shxxxt on yourself. Nice try. Your attempt to keep anything flowing is like shxxxt through a sewer. I don't need something on you, your stink follows you every time you post.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Old shxxxt, I mean old fart I just think you shxxxt on yourself. Nice try. Your attempt to keep anything flowing is like shxxxt through a sewer. I don't need shxxxt on you, your stink follows you every time you post.
    It's Sunday.

Stop drinking.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Georgia State University

November 4, 2017 - 3PM EDT (ESPN3)