SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Notable game sayings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    932

    Default Notable game sayings

    Add your own. We'll vote on the best one at the end of the season.

    From the first three post games:

    - Auburn: "I really do think this is gonna be a great learning opportunity for our offense and for our backfield in particular and really for the line as well."
    - 1-aa UNH: "...we won the second half."
    - Indiana: "we've got to do a better job."
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    25,040

    Default Re: Notable game sayings

    Quote Originally Posted by gsutrublu View Post
    Add your own. We'll vote on the best one at the end of the season.

    From the first three post games:

    - Auburn: "I really do think this is gonna be a great learning opportunity for our offense and for our backfield in particular and really for the line as well."
    - 1-aa UNH: "...we won the second half."
    - Indiana: "we've got to do a better job."
    "....we may turn this around and then again we might not.......either way it's going to take a long time."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    25,040

    Default Re: Notable game sayings

    "We got to get back to work"

  4. #4

    Default Re: Notable game sayings

    This is not quite what the original poster asked for, but related (because TS never gets below the level of generalities):

    Fritz's response to fumbling:

    "Hold the ball high, next to your chest"
    "When an opposing player gets near, put two hands on it"
    "Keep elbows close to the body"
    "Don't struggle to stay upright while they pull at the ball"

    TS's likely response to fumbling:

    "Stop fumbling"
    "Hold onto the ball"
    "Gotta stop fumbling"

    (This is what I previously labeled "analytic" vs "holistic" style.)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    23,566

    Default Re: Notable game sayings

    Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    This is not quite what the original poster asked for, but related (because TS never gets below the level of generalities):

    Fritz's response to fumbling:

    "Hold the ball high, next to your chest"
    "When an opposing player gets near, put two hands on it"
    "Keep elbows close to the body"
    "Don't struggle to stay upright while they pull at the ball"

    TS's likely response to fumbling:

    "Stop fumbling"
    "Hold onto the ball"
    "Gotta stop fumbling"

    (This is what I previously labeled "analytic" vs "holistic" style.)
    I would consider all of Fritz's comments as a holistic approach to how NOT to fumble.

    Summers' comments would be the coaching equivalent of broscience.


  6. #6

    Default Re: Notable game sayings

    God we screwed up even worse than I thought. Summers has ruined us.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Notable game sayings

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I would consider all of Fritz's comments as a holistic approach to how NOT to fumble.
    It's analytic in the sense that he doesn't just give you the goal; he tells you how to get there. Breaks it into components. Focuses on specific steps.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    932

    Default Re: Notable game sayings

    Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    This is not quite what the original poster asked for, but related (because TS never gets below the level of generalities):

    Fritz's response to fumbling:

    "Hold the ball high, next to your chest"
    "When an opposing player gets near, put two hands on it"
    "Keep elbows close to the body"
    "Don't struggle to stay upright while they pull at the ball"

    TS's likely response to fumbling:

    "Stop fumbling"
    "Hold onto the ball"
    "Gotta stop fumbling"

    (This is what I previously labeled "analytic" vs "holistic" style.)
    Perfect - just trying for some comic relief. Anything can go, real or hyperbole.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    25,040

    Default Re: Notable game sayings

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I would consider all of Fritz's comments as a holistic approach to how NOT to fumble.

    Summers' comments would be the coaching equivalent of broscience.
    "broscience", LOL

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    25,040

    Default Re: Notable game sayings

    Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    It's analytic in the sense that he doesn't just give you the goal; he tells you how to get there. Breaks it into components. Focuses on specific steps.
    you saying a HC/coach teaches just doesn't stand around with a whistle around his neck? Interesting concept.

Similar Threads

  1. Notable difference
    By Beaker in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd December 2013, 11:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •