SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm concerned

Default I'm concerned

After UNH, I had somewhat of an epiphany and decided to just be more positive; it really has been good for my overall mental state, more people should try it. I've found that being positive and then being let down still feels better than just constant wallowing in misery.

I have looked at all the tape and determined that the offense is improving and does have some potential, the QB needs live experience making reads, the Line needs to gel into this 3rd system in 3 years, and there are lots of great skill players that just need a big play or two to get their ball rolling (and to hold onto the damn ball).

On D, the line play has improved in many ways this year, we have a lot of talent in the Secondary (although we are dealing injuries to 2 big pieces right now), the LB corp is not where we need it, but we've had 3.5 NFL players at that position over the last few years so a bit of regression at that spot is to be expected quite honestly.

Which brings me to the reason for concern...granted we are just blowhards (typehards?) on here, but I've been seeing a lot of sentiment that Summers will be retained even beyond this year, seemingly without regard to the 2017 end result.

I look for us to win some games the rest of this year, and I hope that we win many and go to a bowl game, and Summers finds some deep well of head-coachiness within himself and everything turns out ok. That being said, I think the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM performance going forward for us to retain him for another year is another 5-7. This would mean we go 5-4 the rest of the way and be figuring some stuff out despite the poor-looking 0-3 start.

Does anyone seriously think we keep this status quo if we go 0-12, 1-11, 2-10, 3-9, 4-8 this year? I'm looking for thoughtful comments here, not bashing.

Default Re: I'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    After UNH, I had somewhat of an epiphany and decided to just be more positive; it really has been good for my overall mental state, more people should try it. I've found that being positive and then being let down still feels better than just constant wallowing in misery.

I have looked at all the tape and determined that the offense is improving and does have some potential, the QB needs live experience making reads, the Line needs to gel into this 3rd system in 3 years, and there are lots of great skill players that just need a big play or two to get their ball rolling (and to hold onto the damn ball).

On D, the line play has improved in many ways this year, we have a lot of talent in the Secondary (although we are dealing injuries to 2 big pieces right now), the LB corp is not where we need it, but we've had 3.5 NFL players at that position over the last few years so a bit of regression at that spot is to be expected quite honestly.

Which brings me to the reason for concern...granted we are just blowhards (typehards?) on here, but I've been seeing a lot of sentiment that Summers will be retained even beyond this year, seemingly without regard to the 2017 end result.

I look for us to win some games the rest of this year, and I hope that we win many and go to a bowl game, and Summers finds some deep well of head-coachiness within himself and everything turns out ok. That being said, I think the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM performance going forward for us to retain him for another year is another 5-7. This would mean we go 5-4 the rest of the way and be figuring some stuff out despite the poor-looking 0-3 start.

Does anyone seriously think we keep this status quo if we go 0-12, 1-11, 2-10, 3-9, 4-8 this year? I'm looking for thoughtful comments here, not bashing.
    like I said, I'm back leaning towards CTS will be here till his contract is done no matter what his W-L record is. He appears to have more lives than a cat, he's becoming the "Teflon"HC. Part of the reason is, like I've said, Tyson honestly is a very nice young man, if he was a jerk it would be much easier IMO to can the guy. I don't think it's BS when he says he loves GS but on the other hand we had a basketball HC who loved GS and TK got rid of him(CY)

Yes, he will have at least into next year. The reason: Let's just say if Summers had followed Monken instead of Fritz it would be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post

someone help me out with this...

So let's say this season indeed has no factor on him being here next year.....

You then have a coach on the final year of his contract. So when TS and his crew are out recruiting next year, what are they supposed to say to recruits? "Well, if I do a good enough job this year, I may get a contract extension"? Keeping him here next year if we don't turn the boat around this year could be deadly for recruiting next year, no?

5. Default Re: I'm concerned

Yes, that scenario would present a lame duck coach in 2018, but my gut says that is what we are in for. The question becomes is TK willing to go down with CTS. Everyone knows administrators will always protect themselves first. Unless your Tom Jurich.

He has 2 more years after this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    someone help me out with this...

So let's say this season indeed has no factor on him being here next year.....

You then have a coach on the final year of his contract. So when TS and his crew are out recruiting next year, what are they supposed to say to recruits? "Well, if I do a good enough job this year, I may get a contract extension"? Keeping him here next year if we don't turn the boat around this year could be deadly for recruiting next year, no?

7. Default Re: I'm concerned

There was a lot of talk last year in regards to the Troy win. A lot of sources said this was a BIG win for CTS. Whether there was any merit in that being the deciding factor in CTS job, who knows. I'm pretty sure TK released a statement shortly after stating CTS is GS coach going into the 2017 season. IMO that was enough to show me he was on a sort leash. But then again I have an uneasy feeling as well that we may be in for the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    he has a 4 yr deal? I thought it was a 3?

Tyson Summers will not be our coach in 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    There is zero chance this crapshow is allowed to continue two more years.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.