SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm concerned

1. Default Re: I'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Tyson Summers will not be our coach in 2018.
    He won't be.

We might win 1 or two games.... Maybe.

That's unacceptable.

He's done.

We should fire him next week to try and save recruiting. He is not going to magically improve. He just doesn't have HC in him.

Default Re: I'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Look, think about the future. TK keeps CTS through his 4 years, win, lose or draw. Then he fires him, the new coaching candidates now all know that they will be given plenty of time to rebuild the program, one great sales pitch. Plenty of "security".
    Will TK be here in four years?

From the outside looking in, our structure is in shambles. That's why I compared it to 1995.

But even if we're structurally screwed up, there's no way TS keeps his job at 3-9 or thereabouts. No way. I would have to think we'd get a full season with an interim HC in 2018 before bringing him back.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Will TK be here in four years?

From the outside looking in, our structure is in shambles. That's why I compared it to 1995.

But even if we're structurally screwed up, there's no way TS keeps his job at 3-9 or thereabouts. No way. I would have to think we'd get a full season with an interim HC in 2018 before bringing him back.
    pete, you would think but I don't know what to think anymore. Are we settling into the FBS abyss? Where every 5-6 years we go 8-4 and other years, 5-7, 6-6, 4-8?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    We should fire him next week to try and save recruiting.
    How is no coach better than struggling coach?

5. Default Re: I'm concerned

pete, you would think but I don't know what to think anymore. Are we settling into the FBS abyss? Where every 5-6 years we go 8-4 and other years, 5-7, 6-6, 4-8?
    Good question. Looks like we are following in Marshall's footsteps. Come in with a bang, then descend into irrelevance, buoyed by occasional winning minor-bowl seasons and rankings inside the top 60 ....
    And they've been at it long enough to make the upside look pretty down.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

6. Default Re: I'm concerned

Let's not settle for mediocrity or losing seasons. The last thing we need is for our program to morph into one like Kent State.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I see no way he’s back unless we win 4-5 games and show HUGE improvement .
    It would take more than that to salvage his job. The ONLY reasonable (key word here) excuse for keeping him would be 6-6, bowl game appearance and meaningful competitive (not necessarily a win - just be in it) game - we get stomped in the bowl game, adios muchacho.

Now....what's like the likelihood of this scenario? Presently, near zero. But....I reserve judgment until late Wed night.....

We have one questionable hire in our first few years of FBS and we are suddenly doomed to an existence of mediocrity? You guys are a hoot.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    We have one questionable hire in our first few years of FBS and we are suddenly doomed to an existence of mediocrity? You guys are a hoot.
    ah, trueblue, we are 5-10 under this hire and really, really hoping we don't go 5-11 under this hire next Wed. I'm also not sure how "suddenly" is a word you want to use, we are 15 games into the CTS era. I'm concerned about the "culture", we need to stop the bleeding soon because right now we haven't even reached mediocrity.

That's what I fear most when we hire these people who are not connected to us. Their paradigm is based on the status quo manual of "How to run an also-ran athletics department until a better job comes along". I seriously don't understand the insistence in Academia of importing a majority of employees, especially upper administrators, who have no ties to the school.

Georgia Southern football was unique and fans and supporters have fought to keep it that way, but every time we hire someone new in power they seem to want to implement the cookie cutter mid-major template for mediocrity.