SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: I'm concerned

Default Re: I'm concerned

The only way I see Tyson as coach beyond this season are:

* He gets us to a bowl.
    * We get to 5-6 wins and shows “appreciable improvement” with the Offense and steady improvement with the D in such a way that the administration and boosters think we need another offseason and year to see where it leads.

Anything short of the above, has him out of a job. It was evident, early on, that he wasn’t ready to be a HC at the FBS level. He could’ve used time to work under and be mentored by a quality HC to learn the finer aspects of organization and leadership. Tyson can still get that but just not here. It would serve him well to find a position or coordinator role under that type of person.

It is also quite concerning that our new “well versed” option staff has struggled to get better results, even with a young QB and new scheme. It takes time to change and I was hoping that these guys would save TS and our program from this level of ineptness but I don’t think they’ll have enough time to do it. I’m not seeing this regime survive past this season.
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    How dare TK schedule a hurricane for the weekend of the home opener.
    We played in a hurricane in 89. This game was a full 2 days before any of it affected our area. Statesboro lost their *** because of this dumb decision. Plenty of staging area at the Fairgrounds, it was just asinine to move this game. Maybe play it earlier in the day, but good grief what a pansy society we’ve become.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

3. Default Re: I'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Tyson Summers was the ultimate "good ole boy" idiot hire.

He walked into the interview with his southern drawl and "knowledge" of GS culture and somehow convinced a "selection committee" that the trash on his resume should be overlooked. One good year as a DC... that's the only legitimate bullet point on his resume.

We passed over SO many better resumes to hire a guy because of his Southern schtick. It's so stupid that it's mind numbing. The fact that Fritz was SO successful so quickly as an outsider just makes us look like bigger dunces.

Why you wouldn't follow the same formula you used to lure Fritz is beyond me.

We hired a guy that NO other team in FBS would even consider interviewing as HC.
    Nailed it!!!

4. Default Re: I'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    We played in a hurricane in 89. This game was a full 2 days before any of it affected our area. Statesboro lost their *** because of this dumb decision. Plenty of staging area at the Fairgrounds, it was just asinine to move this game. Maybe play it earlier in the day, but good grief what a pansy society we’ve become.
    IMO playing a football game in a hurricane is a sign of misplaced priorities and ignorance. I understand that I may be in the minority here, but I am just not impressed that we did it in 1989. Lots of people lost their lives in that storm that distroyed 100k's of homes and caused billions of dollar's in damage. IMO it does not make us cool, or tough .

5. Default Re: I'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Buskirk1414 View Post
    Nailed it!!!
    +1

6. Default Re: I'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1
    I couldn't agree more. Buzz is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    IMO playing a football game in a hurricane is a sign of misplaced priorities and ignorance. I understand that I may be in the minority here, but I am just not impressed that we did it in 1989. Lots of people lost their lives in that storm that distroyed 100k's of homes and caused billions of dollar's in damage. IMO it does not make us cool, or tough .
    We were in direct contact with the National Hurricane Center for days. Had the storm looked like it would significantly impact Statesboro Dr. Wagner would have canceled the game. GSC was never advised by any authority to cancel the game. We played a game in a rainstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    We were in direct contact with the National Hurricane Center for days. Had the storm looked like it would significantly impact Statesboro Dr. Wagner would have canceled the game. GSC was never advised by any authority to cancel the game. We played a game in a rainstorm.
    Looking at the pictures, the worst thing indeed seemed like the rain especially since the storm shifted further west and the worse missed the Statesboro area.

Comparing images, the rain at times during the GoDaddy Bowl looked very similar to the Hugo Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    The president isn't coaching the team. When I saw Brooks Keel show up to Loco's for a Signing Day event with his wife and hoist a few and yell for Southern I knew we had a friend to athletics.

Fritz came in and was smart enough to adapt his normal offense to what was in the locker room. There were plenty of head-scratching whiffs with Fritz too including Navy, W. Va, @ App, and WTF Ga State. His OL recruiting is not looking good right now compared to the OL we had in '14.

Many of us questioned the Summers hire. If he had been fired and replaced with a proven FCS winner in December, I'd be a lot more understanding and tolerant of a "rebuilding '17".

That's all well and good, but if Keel would have stunk as a president then none of that hooting and hollering would have mattered. CY could get you more excited about Ga Southern than anybody else and Byington probably didn't know where Statesboro even was until working for Charleston. Which coach would you rather have?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.