SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Blocked by Avast

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Oconee & Savannah
    Posts
    1,358

    Default Blocked by Avast

    Just FYI - Blocked from message board the last two days by Avast software. Claimed GSUFANS.Com was infected by virus. Problem cleared this afternoon. Was there a problem?
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

  2. #2

    Default Re: Blocked by Avast

    http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthrea...rd-maintenance

    We've done a full server/database scan, everything is showing clear now. I've also gone in and blocked a few advertising categories that align with advertisers who I suspect have some sketchy ads.

    Apparently Google Ads has changed the category structure, as I formerly had several blocked. When I went in and reviewed the current status, nothing was blocked.

    I received the email from Google that they have reviewed the site and found everything OK, and have lifted the warning. It may take, per them, up to 72 hours to cycle through various servers. I received that notification about 20 hours ago, so it should be clearing up soon.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  3. #3

    Default Re: Blocked by Avast

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthrea...rd-maintenance

    We've done a full server/database scan, everything is showing clear now. I've also gone in and blocked a few advertising categories that align with advertisers who I suspect have some sketchy ads.

    Apparently Google Ads has changed the category structure, as I formerly had several blocked. When I went in and reviewed the current status, nothing was blocked.

    I received the email from Google that they have reviewed the site and found everything OK, and have lifted the warning. It may take, per them, up to 72 hours to cycle through various servers. I received that notification about 20 hours ago, so it should be clearing up soon.

    What??? you told Google what you wanted for your site and then they decided to change it to what they wanted even though it's not what you wanted it to be?? And the only way to discuss problems are via email. I'm shocked! {/sarcasm}
    Mike Younce
    2001 - Bachelor of Science in Printing Management
    2003 - Master of Technology
    Brunswick, Georgia

  4. #4

    Default Re: Blocked by Avast

    Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    Just FYI - Blocked from message board the last two days by Avast software. Claimed GSUFANS.Com was infected by virus. Problem cleared this afternoon. Was there a problem?
    I got it too, GeecheeEagle.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Blocked by Avast

    I still can't get on the site from my computer. Anybody else's still having a problem?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Blocked by Avast

    I am still getting the unsafe site message from McAfee on my phone
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

  7. #7

    Default Re: Blocked by Avast

    Quote Originally Posted by O.M.T. GATA View Post
    I still can't get on the site from my computer. Anybody else's still having a problem?
    Clear cookies.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  8. Default Re: Blocked by Avast

    I'm getting full page pop up ads hijacking the site on my phone from time to time.

    These ads look like flash. I bet that's showing up as a security issue.

    IDK, but looks like these things are shimmed on top of the site somehow. They aren't coming from any clicks anywhere. The one I keep seeing is some kind of 'spin to win' scammy thing which mentions Verizon.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Blocked by Avast

    Please screenshot any examples of this that you see and email to me.

    Thanks
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Blocked by Avast

    McAfee showing the site still as a risk...same message about being blocked by Avast.

    file:///C:/Users/Bob%20Frye/Desktop/http___www.gsufans.com_tsc_showthread.php_36474-Blocked-by-Avast%20-%20Website%20-%20McAfee%20Labs%20Threat%20Center.html


    Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

    EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •