SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hebert statement to the George Anne

Default Hebert statement to the George Anne

http://www.thegeorgeanne.com/news/ar...9c6830f0b.html

Well, I'm going to see a different subtext here than most...

When you fire a coach you hired before he's been at your place for two full seasons for on-field reasons, you have basically admitted to making a mistake as an AD.

I take Hebert's words here to mean that TK isn't going to have to choose between sticking by his head coach or leaving with him (i.e. admitting to that mistake won't cost him).

And as for his words about Summers just remember, Brian Kelly was "behind" Brian VanGorder for like a week before he finally decided to get rid of him.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Default Re: Hebert statement to the George Anne

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    http://www.thegeorgeanne.com/news/ar...9c6830f0b.html

Well, I'm going to see a different subtext here than most...

When you fire a coach you hired before he's been at your place for two full seasons for on-field reasons, you have basically admitted to making a mistake as an AD.

I take Hebert's words here to mean that TK isn't going to have to choose between sticking by his head coach or leaving with him (i.e. admitting to that mistake won't cost him).

And as for his words about Summers just remember, Brian Kelly was "behind" Brian VanGorder for like a week before he finally decided to get rid of him.
    Why's TS still here then? 8:45 AM came and went.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by gsutrublu View Post
    Why's TS still here then? 8:45 AM came and went.
    Umm, because there's not some kind of unwritten rule that you can't get rid of a coach after the first game of October?

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Umm, because there's not some kind of unwritten rule that you can't get rid of a coach after the first game of October?
    Rules are meant to be broken, especially in this case.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

5. Default Re: Hebert statement to the George Anne

In other words, shut up and live with it.

6. Default Re: Hebert statement to the George Anne

That's how I interpreted too. Let's see how good they're doing fiscally when attendance inhales vigorously and a reduction in donations. (Sorry, people donate less when you inhale vigorously. That's just how it is for any school anywhere)

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    In other words, shut up and live with it.

Last night's attendance was slightly more than 13000, and that's not a good look. If everyone else had season tickets scanned (mine were at the entrance by the Bishop building), it's probably a realistic count. My story begins in the parking lot. A group of us have been tailgating in the same spot (just lucky) since before they started charging for spaces. Everyone is local, and many of my group have current university connections. Last year we were 7 cars and 17 members strong. Last night we were 4 cars and 9 members. 2 cars (5 people) didn't renew this year. 1 car and 3 ticket holders chose not to come to this game, and from a phone call I made today, don't plan on coming next Saturday. I think we've lost them for good. With how things are going, I don't think we are going to replenish our crowd at the same rate we are losing supporters. I hope things turn around and the excitement returns.

Has a university president ever come out after 3 games in a season and said that the AD and head coach are on thin ice and should be fired?

9. Default Re: Hebert statement to the George Anne

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Has a university president ever come out after 3 games in a season and said that the AD and head coach are on thin ice and should be fired?
    Well...

I can think of one who damn well should.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    No, but I think the mercury is definitely rising, here...