SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell McGee and Georgia

Default Re: Dell McGee and Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yes, but notice that he doesn't have any experience with the second thing I posted.

Ditto with Ruse and Curtis, both of whom could have claimed to be better suited for the job than Summers.
    Most on here complained all last year and made fun of Gillespie and Dean as HS coaches (even though Dean was a DII coach), yet Dell gets held on high because of his HS "experience"?????

HS to me is lower on the "experience" totem pole than even a college position coach or college coordinator.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Continuity. Proven leadership (regardless of level).
    The whole staff but Lunsford left?

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

No input as to coaching decisions but McGee just moved up to the number 2 recruiter in the nation on 247, just seven points out of the number 1 spot. The number one rated recruit in the nation for 2018 just committed to UGA as well....another QB with them already having two number 1 QB's. Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Why? We've seen this posted on here a lot, but no one has any reasons except: Nice guy, good recruiter, was figurehead coach for ONE game.

BTW: "Because he would have been better than what we are stuck with" is not a good enough answer. There are others with better resumes than both Dell and CTS.
    Better answer than what we have! And considering his current success and how his value in the coaching market continues to rise I would bet he gets a HC job somewhere in the next few years. The only option out there I like better than Dell is Mike Houston. He has more experience but less recruiting ties to the State. He has been extremely successful everywhere he has been. Hopefully, if we continue the way the season is going, we make a move for Houston sooner than later!
    Georgia Southern has created a culture of winning! We expect to win and we should! GATA

Most on here complained all last year and made fun of Gillespie and Dean as HS coaches (even though Dean was a DII coach), yet Dell gets held on high because of his HS "experience"?????

HS to me is lower on the "experience" totem pole than even a college position coach or college coordinator.
    HC and coordinator require different skill sets. Both HC and coordinator require a different skill set from position coach.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bteagles11 View Post
    Better answer than what we have! And considering his current success and how his value in the coaching market continues to rise I would bet he gets a HC job somewhere in the next few years. The only option out there I like better than Dell is Mike Houston. He has more experience but less recruiting ties to the State. He has been extremely successful everywhere he has been. Hopefully, if we continue the way the season is going, we make a move for Houston sooner than later!
    What I bolded is the key to everything!!! "in the next few years"

I have even said basically the same thing. The problem is that we aren't talking about in a few years, we are talking about two years in the past, when IMO, he didn't have a resume suitable for an FBS HC job.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

HC and coordinator require different skill sets. Both HC and coordinator require a different skill set from position coach.
    has nothing to do with HS being used as a positive for someone people like, but a negative for someone people didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by bteagles11 View Post
    Why would he want to do that?

He's got pretty much the perfect job and makes a whole lot of money.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

has nothing to do with HS being used as a positive for someone people like, but a negative for someone people didn't like.
    One would think that I have been guilty of that. I have not.

If I questioned the Gillespie hire, it had nothing to do with his HS coaching experience and everything to do with his college coaching experience.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Why would he want to do that?

He's got pretty much the perfect job and makes a whole lot of money.
    But he obviously has aspirations. He applied for our job and wanted so by that action I simply assume he wants to be the head coach one day. He has a good job now but he would make more money as a HC in the belt and if he is successful he could make a ton more (see Willie Fritz).
    Georgia Southern has created a culture of winning! We expect to win and we should! GATA