SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 LastLast

Thread: Dell McGee and Georgia

Default Re: Dell McGee and Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    One would think that I have been guilty of that. I have not.

If I questioned the Gillespie hire, it had nothing to do with his HS coaching experience and everything to do with his college coaching experience.
    To be fair to Gillespie he was asked to do something outside of his "scheme". Dean would have been much better for the entire year as a sole OC in my opinion. Unfortunately we can thank TK for not allowing Summers to hire Cook the first season, wasting that option talent we had last season and now the offense is still in a "learning mode" this season instead of in year 2 of an established scheme. Summers hasn't been good but that decision by TK hurt Summers big time. Both need to hit the road!
    Georgia Southern has created a culture of winning! We expect to win and we should! GATA

Quote Originally Posted by bteagles11 View Post
    To be fair to Gillespie he was asked to do something outside of his "scheme". Dean would have been much better for the entire year as a sole OC in my opinion.
    I agree. That's why I didn't criticize the move. Considering that Gillespie was already a failed OC in the Socon, I was concerned. But I figured Dean would be the real OC, with Gillespie as QB coach and "passing game coordinator" or some other such nonsense.

Unfortunately, that was not the case, and it probably wouldn't have made much difference anyhow.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

I agree. That's why I didn't criticize the move. Considering that Gillespie was already a failed OC in the Socon, I was concerned. But I figured Dean would be the real OC, with Gillespie as QB coach and "passing game coordinator" or some other such nonsense.

Unfortunately, that was not the case, and it probably wouldn't have made much difference anyhow.
    Possibly but I still think Dean was the better play caller. Now I think Cook would have helped us win around 8 games last season with just the right type of scheme. And this season would look a bit better too!
    Georgia Southern has created a culture of winning! We expect to win and we should! GATA

4. Default Re: Dell McGee and Georgia

Summers hasn't been good but that decision by TK hurt Summers big time. Both need to hit the road!
    What don't you understand? TK just received a contract extension. He's not going anywhere and he'll protect CTS until it gets too ridiculous to justify all reason. That illogical reasoning may take us down deeper than we've ever been before.

Possibly but I still think Dean was the better play caller. Now I think Cook would have helped us win around 8 games last season with just the right type of scheme. And this season would look a bit better too!
    Dean's a better coach, period. There was no reason for him to be a position coach with an honorary Co-OC tag. I can't imagine why he left VSU for that.

The reason I said it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference is that he still would have been working with TS's consultant, and our awful run-blocking technique would have still had Breida averaging three ypc on poorly designed and poorly executed inside zone plays.

Even the run game that Dean coached at VSU was more of a four-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust approach, not one that broke big plays.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

6. Default Re: Dell McGee and Georgia

Dean's a better coach, period. There was no reason for him to be a position coach with an honorary Co-OC tag. I can't imagine why he left VSU for that.

The reason I said it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference is that he still would have been working with TS's consultant, and our awful run-blocking technique would have still had Breida averaging three ypc on poorly designed and poorly executed inside zone plays.

Even the run game that Dean coached at VSU was more of a four-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust approach, not one that broke big plays.
    This is all true.

Dean left VSU because he had never sniffed a better job in his three decades as a coach. He was 52 and had never coached above DII. He was as out of his league as Gillespie was.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    What don't you understand? TK just received a contract extension. He's not going anywhere and he'll protect CTS until it gets too ridiculous to justify all reason. That illogical reasoning may take us down deeper than we've ever been before.
    Um, we're there!
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

9. Default Re: Dell McGee and Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    He will protect TS until the lawsuit is over, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    He will protect TS until the lawsuit is over, IMO.
    I agree. I imagine there are a lot of mitigating activities going on right now. Everyone is on the same page trying to save their tails for now.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1