SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell McGee and Georgia

Default Re: Dell McGee and Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Meh.
    I wanted him as OC and Houston as HC after TK passed on McGee.

I guess a good interview process could ascertain how good Thompson is on his own compared to the situation Houston left for him.

In any case, winning at The Citadel is HARD.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    Sewak was far from being a terrible coach.
    Sewak was a damn fine coach. He got brutalized by the politics, and I don't think he really wanted the responsibility of being a head coach again.

That job can take years off of one's life, and once he got a taste of it, I think he either wanted to be Georgia Southern's head coach or an assistant under someone like PJ or Jim Grobe.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    Experience matters, but so does a man's character. Dell has some at the HS level and he's shooting up the coaching ranks. Dell McGee looks like a dude that doesn't put up with bull****. Tyson Summers....well doesn't.
    Dell looked like a leader on the sideline. I imagine he coaches his guys pretty hard.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

4. Default Re: Dell McGee and Georgia

My top five in order: Brent Thompson, Ivan Jasper, Dell McGee, the Devil, and BVG. (Just kidding about the last one.)
    Last edited by BIGBIRD73; 7th October 2017 at 03:57 PM. Reason: misstatement

5. Default Re: Dell McGee and Georgia

How about Mike Houston, John Grass and Brian Bohannon? And maybe Brent Thompson. If we're talking strictly an FCS HC. Howerer you know Bobby Lambs Mercer did beat Citadel today.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    My top five in order: Brent Thompson, Ivan Jasper, Dell McGee, the Devil, and BVG. (Just kidding about the last one.)
    You know what happened the last time the devil came down to Georgia.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    How about Mike Houston, John Grass and Brian Bohannon? And maybe Brent Thompson. If we're talking strictly an FCS HC. Howerer you know Bobby Lambs Mercer did beat Citadel today.
    We are FBS, how about a real nation wide search?

Can we stop talking about Dell McGee? Not only did he leave us for Tulane, he went to coach at Georgia after telling them they weren't welcome at his high school.

I'm all for taking the highest paying job you can, but come on...that tells you he wouldn't have been here long.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    We are FBS, how about a real nation wide search?
    But the offense better identical to the Paul Johnson era or I ain't donating

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Can we stop talking about Dell McGee? Not only did he leave us for Tulane, he went to coach at Georgia after telling them they weren't welcome at his high school.

I'm all for taking the highest paying job you can, but come on...that tells you he wouldn't have been here long.
    It just says he prefers an SEC position coach job to a position coach job at Tulane. And was Kirby Smart the coach when he said that? I'm not in favor of hiring Dell at all, but I just don't see a problem there.

We absolutely need to stop worrying about finding someone who will be here for a decade and just get a bleepin' good coach. You know what kind of coach stays here for a while? A guy not good enough to get another job but a guy that's too good to be fired. No, thanks.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.