SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gameday sign

Default Re: Gameday sign

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Let's say I'm a hot, up-and-coming coach (that runs the flexbone and nothing else, of course) and I have an offer on the table to go to Georgia Southern. I see that if I don't win immediately and always, me and my family will be continuously and mercilessly ridiculed publicly the entire time. I have an offer from another school where that's significantly less likely to happen. Why would I not choose that job instead? No one's happy that we're 0-4, but fans should never ridicule their own team and coaches in public.
    yep, do what me and Old Fart(and soon to be pete) do, slam our privates in motor vehicle doors.

Let's say I'm a hot, up-and-coming coach (that runs the flexbone and nothing else, of course) and I have an offer on the table to go to Georgia Southern. I see that if I don't win immediately and always, me and my family will be continuously and mercilessly ridiculed publicly the entire time. I have an offer from another school where that's significantly less likely to happen. Why would I not choose that job instead? No one's happy that we're 0-4, but fans should never ridicule their own team and coaches in public.
    Don't care for the shirts, but I think you're being a bit overly dramatic, here.

First of all, it's not like Summers is Kevin Sumlin who has had some pretty good seasons and then has one bad season and people are mocking him. We're talking about an absolute turd of a coaching job.

Second, where does the comment about Summers' family come from? I've got absolutely zero tolerance for anyone taking things out on a coach's family, but I don't see where that line is crossed, here.

Third, I don't think any prospective head coach or Summers himself gives a crap if a couple of yahoos are wearing a shirt of his picture with a clown nose on it. If you can't handle jerk fans, not only should you not coach at Georgia Southern, you shouldn't coach pretty much anywhere in the FBS or any FCS school with a substantial fan base.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

POY. Talk about scheme or whatever you want as lacking but don’t publicly humiliate any player, coach or admin associated with our program. I’m not happy with field play but talk about that not the individuals.

4. Default Re: Gameday sign

If your a Coach that would rather go to a program whose fan base and players don't expect to win every game then your a piss poor coach (No your not a coach at all) and a coach like that doesn't deserve to be at Ga. Southern. I can see Saban, Smart, Swinney, PJ, Malzahn, Fisher, Fritz or Monken thinking: "Gee I think I would like to coach there because you don't have to win there"
    If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Don't care for the shirts, but I think you're being a bit overly dramatic, here.

First of all, it's not like Summers is Kevin Sumlin who has had some pretty good seasons and then has one bad season and people are mocking him. We're talking about an absolute turd of a coaching job.

Second, where does the comment about Summers' family come from? I've got absolutely zero tolerance for anyone taking things out on a coach's family, but I don't see where that line is crossed, here.

Third, I don't think any prospective head coach or Summers himself gives a crap if a couple of yahoos are wearing a shirt of his picture with a clown nose on it. If you can't handle jerk fans, not only should you not coach at Georgia Southern, you shouldn't coach pretty much anywhere in the FBS or any FCS school with a substantial fan base.
    I believe Sumlin was receiving death threats this year btw.

Death threats and racially charged notes

Our fans man... brutal

8. Default Re: Gameday sign

IMO not winning "immediately and always," has absolutely nothing to do with whatever it is that TS is doing.

And, just speculation here, but I seriously doubt his family is "continuously and mercilessly ridiculed publicly the entire time."

That stuff comes with the territory when you work in the entertainment business

Shut up. We get it. You are a student. You like the shotgun.

Here is some truth. Our fans are no more or less embarrassing than any other school. No potential coach is making a career decision over two fat guys in T-Shirts.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low