SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TS Contract and Buyout

Default Re: TS Contract and Buyout

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Unless and until he becomes employed at which point the GSUAF makes up the difference
    In either case, he gets the guaranteed amount from the terms of the contract, it's just more favorable for us if he does get employment elsewhere so it reduces the burden.

2. Default Re: TS Contract and Buyout

I have a feeling TS and TK will be here for the 2018 season. I am not saying that is what I want, but after thinking more about it I believe this has a good chance if happening.

It is not about TS but Cook. We have seen steady (but slow) improvement offensively. I believe this will continue. If we replaced TS then the new HC would likely like his own pick for OC. Cook has a 2 year contract so we would have to pay him as well as TS. That would be yet another OC and another system put into place slowing any offensive growth we might be seeing as this year continues. I know some have suggested Cook being the HC, but I believe that would be risky given hisome experience. Not saying he will not be a good HC someday, but would like to see more time as a FBS OC first. Either he and TS will be here in 2018 or neither will be.

TK...... he is around for a few years more. Hebert gave an indication of this when he praised TK on the athletes GPA's, APR, and fundraising. These are important things apto a university president. If the lawsuit goes badly and is pinned on TK, then all bets are off. If fundraising takes a big hit then that could alter things as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    I have a feeling TS and TK will be here for the 2018 season. I am not saying that is what I want, but after thinking more about it I believe this has a good chance if happening.

It is not about TS but Cook. We have seen steady (but slow) improvement offensively. I believe this will continue. If we replaced TS then the new HC would likely like his own pick for OC. Cook has a 2 year contract so we would have to pay him as well as TS. That would be yet another OC and another system put into place slowing any offensive growth we might be seeing as this year continues. I know some have suggested Cook being the HC, but I believe that would be risky given hisome experience. Not saying he will not be a good HC someday, but would like to see more time as a FBS OC first. Either he and TS will be here in 2018 or neither will be.

TK...... he is around for a few years more. Hebert gave an indication of this when he praised TK on the athletes GPA's, APR, and fundraising. These are important things apto a university president. If the lawsuit goes badly and is pinned on TK, then all bets are off. If fundraising takes a big hit then that could alter things as well.
    Sadly. I must agree with this assessment. Thanks, at least in part, to our president we are where we are, and will be for another year.

I think we need a thread dedicated to the 'buyout' and particulars of TS' contract so we can all be on the same page.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    I think we need a thread dedicated to the 'buyout' and particulars of TS' contract so we can all be on the same page.
    I'm fairly certain there's been several of those...unless you were using sarcasm font and I didn't catch it.
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time