SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 127

Thread: GS Athletics 5PM

  1. #81

    Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

    Uniforms are for the players not the fans. It's really that simple. Middle aged men and women are usually not going to have the same taste as 18-23 year olds. Freedom will still fly, the field will still be 100 yards long, the team will still ride on a yellow bus and people are still going to go out of their way to voice how much they hate that Tyson Summers is our coach. The things that are really important are not going to change because we wear a different (really nice) uniform for one game. Relax.

  2. Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Uniforms are for the players not the fans. It's really that simple. Middle aged men and women are usually not going to have the same taste as 18-23 year olds. Freedom will still fly, the field will still be 100 yards long, the team will still ride on a yellow bus and people are still going to go out of their way to voice how much they hate that Tyson Summers is our coach. The things that are really important are not going to change because we wear a different (really nice) uniform for one game. Relax.
    Interesting opinion. I think the administration might start considering season ticket holders opinions since they're helping pay the bills.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    40,869

    Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    Interesting opinion. I think the administration might start considering season ticket holders opinions since they're helping pay the bills.
    In this case you are wrong. Adidas is paying us to use special one off uniforms, not you and I. They were designed by Gatalyfestle per Twitter and sent to Adidas to produce. For the millionth time, even Alabama uses special uniforms. You are welcome to pay for all uniforms for all 17 sports if you don't like it so we can cancel this deal.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 12th October 2017 at 02:01 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  4. Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    In this case you are wrong. Adidas is paying us to use special one off uniforms, not you and I. They were designed by Gatalyfestle per Twitter and sent to Adidas to produce. For the millionth time, even Alabama uses special uniforms.
    For the millionth time. We are not Bama. We need to sell seats/tix. This crap is the worst thing a losing program should do to sell its program in S/E Ga. Very bad optics.

    I don't doubt your info from Mr Twitter, however.

  5. #85

    Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    For the millionth time. We are not Bama. We need to sell seats/tix. This crap is the worst thing a losing program should do to sell its program in S/E Ga. Very bad optics.

    I don't doubt your info from Mr Twitter, however.
    Why is it bad optics? This doesn't make any sense at all.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  6. #86

    Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    For the millionth time. We are not Bama. We need to sell seats/tix. This crap is the worst thing a losing program should do to sell its program in S/E Ga. Very bad optics.

    I don't doubt your info from Mr Twitter, however.
    Was it bad for the last several years it has been done to you, or just this year? Isn't this something like the 5th one of these?
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

  7. #87

    Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    For the millionth time. We are not Bama. We need to sell seats/tix. This crap is the worst thing a losing program should do to sell its program in S/E Ga. Very bad optics.

    I don't doubt your info from Mr Twitter, however.
    I disagree. Kids today care about these alt-unis. And our unis this week have been getting attention from multiple news outlets across the nation. It won't do anything do win over fans, and sure as heck can't hide the awful W/L record, but if it works to turn a few recruits' head to the program despite being winless...I say bring it on. The once a year alts do us way more good than harm.
    OAS AAS LLS

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    6,619

    Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Venaros View Post
    I disagree. Kids today care about these alt-unis. And our unis this week have been getting attention from multiple news outlets across the nation. It won't do anything do win over fans, and sure as heck can't hide the awful W/L record, but if it works to turn a few recruits' head to the program despite being winless...I say bring it on. The once a year alts do us way more good than harm.
    Plus 1,000,000
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive


    Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    BS - Building Construction and Contracting
    Lawrenceville, GA

  9. #89

    Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

    We have a ton of fans who only see as far as S/E GA and what the original intent of what ERK said meant. At some point we have to evolve as a program. We have to balance Season Ticket Holders, Donors and Potential Prospects wants/desires/opinions. We also have to get over the mindset that everything we did in ERK's day needs to be replicated for the life of the program. This has hindered our ability, especially on offense, to get to the next level as a program. I love the option and would love to see it as apart of our base offense but we are too 1 dimensional. Like the offense our uniforms can't be 1 dimensional if we hope to compete in the current recruiting climate. Unfortunately for those who dislike them, the alternate unis are a big deal to future Eagles!
    Georgia Southern has created a culture of winning! We expect to win and we should! GATA

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    24,286

    Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

    I'm old school and I like these uniforms.

Similar Threads

  1. GSU Athletics App
    By eagle95 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 13th February 2014, 04:15 PM
  2. New athletics website
    By GATA in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 29th August 2013, 10:17 AM
  3. New GSU Athletics Director
    By eagle95 in forum TALON Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 7th December 2010, 02:03 PM
  4. Day 1 Recap- GSU Athletics
    By GSUfanforever in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th August 2009, 05:37 PM
  5. UF President's Take on Athletics
    By half-n-half in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 1st June 2009, 09:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •