SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: GS Athletics 5PM

Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

Uniforms are for the players not the fans. It's really that simple. Middle aged men and women are usually not going to have the same taste as 18-23 year olds. Freedom will still fly, the field will still be 100 yards long, the team will still ride on a yellow bus and people are still going to go out of their way to voice how much they hate that Tyson Summers is our coach. The things that are really important are not going to change because we wear a different (really nice) uniform for one game. Relax.

2. Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Uniforms are for the players not the fans. It's really that simple. Middle aged men and women are usually not going to have the same taste as 18-23 year olds. Freedom will still fly, the field will still be 100 yards long, the team will still ride on a yellow bus and people are still going to go out of their way to voice how much they hate that Tyson Summers is our coach. The things that are really important are not going to change because we wear a different (really nice) uniform for one game. Relax.
    Interesting opinion. I think the administration might start considering season ticket holders opinions since they're helping pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    Interesting opinion. I think the administration might start considering season ticket holders opinions since they're helping pay the bills.
    In this case you are wrong. Adidas is paying us to use special one off uniforms, not you and I. They were designed by Gatalyfestle per Twitter and sent to Adidas to produce. For the millionth time, even Alabama uses special uniforms. You are welcome to pay for all uniforms for all 17 sports if you don't like it so we can cancel this deal.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 12th October 2017 at 02:01 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

4. Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    In this case you are wrong. Adidas is paying us to use special one off uniforms, not you and I. They were designed by Gatalyfestle per Twitter and sent to Adidas to produce. For the millionth time, even Alabama uses special uniforms.
    For the millionth time. We are not Bama. We need to sell seats/tix. This crap is the worst thing a losing program should do to sell its program in S/E Ga. Very bad optics.

I don't doubt your info from Mr Twitter, however.

For the millionth time. We are not Bama. We need to sell seats/tix. This crap is the worst thing a losing program should do to sell its program in S/E Ga. Very bad optics.

Why is it bad optics? This doesn't make any sense at all.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Was it bad for the last several years it has been done to you, or just this year? Isn't this something like the 5th one of these?
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

I disagree. Kids today care about these alt-unis. And our unis this week have been getting attention from multiple news outlets across the nation. It won't do anything do win over fans, and sure as heck can't hide the awful W/L record, but if it works to turn a few recruits' head to the program despite being winless...I say bring it on. The once a year alts do us way more good than harm.
    OAS AAS LLS

Quote Originally Posted by Venaros View Post
    I disagree. Kids today care about these alt-unis. And our unis this week have been getting attention from multiple news outlets across the nation. It won't do anything do win over fans, and sure as heck can't hide the awful W/L record, but if it works to turn a few recruits' head to the program despite being winless...I say bring it on. The once a year alts do us way more good than harm.
    Plus 1,000,000
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    BS - Building Construction and Contracting
    Lawrenceville, GA

We have a ton of fans who only see as far as S/E GA and what the original intent of what ERK said meant. At some point we have to evolve as a program. We have to balance Season Ticket Holders, Donors and Potential Prospects wants/desires/opinions. We also have to get over the mindset that everything we did in ERK's day needs to be replicated for the life of the program. This has hindered our ability, especially on offense, to get to the next level as a program. I love the option and would love to see it as apart of our base offense but we are too 1 dimensional. Like the offense our uniforms can't be 1 dimensional if we hope to compete in the current recruiting climate. Unfortunately for those who dislike them, the alternate unis are a big deal to future Eagles!
    Georgia Southern has created a culture of winning! We expect to win and we should! GATA

I'm old school and I like these uniforms.