Thread: GS Athletics 5PM

1. Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
    Georgia Southern alternate uniforms

Florida alternate uniforms

Georgia Southern beats Florida again
    Shouldn't their bellies be white?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I'm old school and I like these uniforms.
    Me too, I think they are pretty slick!

Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Uniforms are for the players not the fans. It's really that simple. Middle aged men and women are usually not going to have the same taste as 18-23 year olds. Freedom will still fly, the field will still be 100 yards long, the team will still ride on a yellow bus and people are still going to go out of their way to voice how much they hate that Tyson Summers is our coach. The things that are really important are not going to change because we wear a different (really nice) uniform for one game. Relax.
    Field is 120 yards long. Old people know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    For the millionth time. We are not Bama. We need to sell seats/tix. This crap is the worst thing a losing program should do to sell its program in S/E Ga. Very bad optics.

I don't doubt your info from Mr Twitter, however.
    As I said before. The uniforms are not being used to sell tickets. That's why you haven't seen any of our alternative uniforms in the advertising for tickets the university has ramped up the last few weeks. They are for the players and potential players. Period. Not you and not me. These players work their butts off. They deserve the opportunity to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I'm old school and I like these uniforms.
    They look pretty good in the pictures.

I think a one-game per season alternate is a perfect compromise, so I don't really get the continual whining about them.

The curmudgeons don't seem to recognize that an alternate is just that--it reinforces our traditional uniforms in the same way that the medieval carnival reinforced the liturgical year.

Reject our current compromise of an annual alternate, and you'll see every new GS head coach trying to put his own stamp on our uniform (think about the helmet BVG had sitting on his desk).
    Last edited by pete4256; 12th October 2017 at 03:21 PM.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    They look pretty good in the pictures.

I think a one-game per season alternate is a perfect compromise, so I don't really get the continual whining about them.

The curmudgeons don't seem to recognize that an alternate is just that--it reinforces our traditional uniforms in the same way that the medieval carnival reinforced the liturgical year.

Reject our current compromise of an annual alternate, and you'll see every new GS head coach trying to put his own stamp on our uniform (think about the helmet BVG had sitting on his desk).

I'm really curious what this helmet you're referring to looks like, never heard about this before.

I like the uniforms. Think they are sharp.

7. Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
    Georgia Southern alternate uniforms

Well that is just awful. Embarrassing isn't strong enough.

I still don’t get the narrative on “kids love these alt unis”. I am around high school football players a few times a week. I’ve brought this very subject up to them. To a man, it is almost unanimous that they don’t even know the alt uniforms exist. Kids going on recruiting trips to programs throughout the south and eastern seaboard. One particular player: “the alternate uniforms are the ones that show support for the gay people?”
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I still don’t get the narrative on “kids love these alt unis”. I am around high school football players a few times a week. I’ve brought this very subject up to them. To a man, it is almost unanimous that they don’t even know the alt uniforms exist. Kids going on recruiting trips to programs throughout the south and eastern seaboard. One particular player: “the alternate uniforms are the ones that show support for the gay people?”
    We also have kids announce that they are committing to the University of Georgia Southern....

No one said all kids, and if some don't know enough about the schools they are visiting to say the correct name, do they even know enough to know what the difference between the traditional and alt jerseys?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

If the alt unis will help us recruit more people built like the guy modeling them, then I'm all for them!