SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mexico State Score/Attendance Prediction

Default Re: New Mexico State Score/Attendance Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    How many turnovers did we recover last game? I remember it being a lot. Still didn't matter, we got out our butts handed to us in pieces like a cheap product from QVC with a 4 year payment plan. NMSU, 38-17.
    We generated 5 turnovers, they generated 4.

We finished at +1 on turnovers.

2. Default Re: New Mexico State Score/Attendance Prediction

If I had to put money on it it would be on NMSU but my heart says that despite our coaching we find a way to win on homecoming in the prettiest little stadium in America on the day we honor Erk with the uni and AP at halftime for getting into the CFHF, dag gummit we better win!

I say we crap the bed hard, or as I’ve been calling it lately, our new normal.

By 20, at home, and people are filing out mid 3rd.

Oh, wait I missed the unprovoked Greek Bash earlier... because THAT makes sense. Good place for your frustrations people... so healthy
    Last edited by tapate50; 10th October 2017 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Eagle Blue View Post
    If I had to put money on it it would be on NMSU but my heart says that despite our coaching we find a way to win on homecoming in the prettiest little stadium in America on the day we honor Erk with the uni and AP at halftime for getting into the CFHF, dag gummit we better win!
    Being disillusioned can go both ways, I'm afraid.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

5. Default Re: New Mexico State Score/Attendance Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    To help continue derail the thread...

Being a vet coming out of the Army I found them to be pretty silly and it is really is more by the day. I mean what is the point really? Waste a semester of grades pledging then a bunch of money just to do what you could do anyways not being in a frat? I remember sitting in the Russell Union and TKE IIRC sitting next to me giving me a mini interview and telling after having Infantry Drill Sgt's, Airborne instructors, and Ranger Instructors on top of my immediate chain of command yelling at me for fours years I would probably choke out some 18-19 year old if they got in my face and him getting up and walking away kinda stunned. Also about half of my best friends from GS started off in a frat and did less and less with them as they got older. They actually hung out with not frat people towards the end. One was the president of SAE. To this day most of his closest friends were not in SAE. I get it coming out of high school and wanting to belong to something.

My problem in my day with Frats is most were die hard uga fans. I will never forget sitting in a room with a bunch of SAE's and seeing the look on their faces when I said I would care if uga burnt down to the ground. I might as well have killed a puppy right in front of them. Dont know if it is still that bad now. Other than that and just finding them silly not going to bash them for leaving a game early and get back to GS women and drinking, especially now or when we were playing Elon.
    When I attended Southern, one of my fraternity brothers and still one of the closest friends I have had served in Vietnam. He was special forces. For the record, he is at my home right now visiting and I read him your post. I won't respond with his comment.

We had another brother who was in the Marines in Nam. I had eight other Kappa sigma brothers from during the time I went to school to join the Marines, Army and Air Force after graduation. Five retired from the military and served our country well in both desert wars. I appreciate their service to our country and they didn't act "silly". Far from it. And one more thing, I know four of them are season ticket holders and have given generously to Georgia Southern. Don't stereotype our Greeks please sir.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    When I attended Southern, one of my fraternity brothers and still one of the closest friends I have had served in Vietnam. He was special forces. For the record, he is at my home right now visiting and I read him your post. I won't respond with his comment.

We had another brother who was in the Marines in Nam. I had eight other Kappa sigma brothers from during the time I went to school to join the Marines, Army and Air Force after graduation. Five retired from the military and served our country well in both desert wars. I appreciate their service to our country and they didn't act "silly". Far from it. And one more thing, I know four of them are season ticket holders and have given generously to Georgia Southern. Don't stereotype our Greeks please sir.
    I guess you need to reread my post. I found frats to be silly after service not all the people that joined them in the late 90's early 00's because they are if you go by what really goes on in them versus what the preach they are supposed to be doing like creating "gentlemen". If snorting coke, smoking weed openly, trying to sleep with every girl on campus, getting hammered, starting fights, humiliating pledges, wearing khaki shorts with button up and sunglasses is creating gentlemen then my definition of gentlemen must be off because that is what I observed every time I went to a frat party every single time. Also besides having a file cabinets with old stolen tests I did not see much academic growth being fostered either. My friend that was Pres of SAE gave up on keeping drugs out of the frat and house and just left altogether. Some where decent guys but not all not near all. I base this on first hand experience and having close friends some of my best friends in fact in them even being President of them. Ill will form any opinion I like based on what I observed first hand and not just one or two anecdotal run ins with frat guys. I interacted with frat members probably everyday of my time on campus or near it. I also did not say anything about their support of GS football after they graduate. So your experience with frats was much different from mine lets leave it at that.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Eagle Blue View Post
    I was here last game..then...I realized I was disillusioned. They are less talented than ArkSt but probably a worse match up for us.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    I was here last game..then...I realized I was disillusioned. They are less talented than ArkSt but probably a worse match up for us.
    I personally disagree but facts are facts I guess if stats show they are better. I haven't missed a home game since the FBS move and have watched every away game... in my opinion stAte (at the time of our game this year) was one of THE worst teams in the SBC we have ever played, if not THE worst. I'm talking about like: NMSU 2014, Idaho 2014, etc looked better than stAte to me. Maybe the only ones possibly worse were Troy 2014-2015. Perhaps a Texas State team. But my point is... I couldn't believe how BAD stAte was. We should have steamrolled them into oblivion. I'm still astonished we couldn't put up a win against that team and I also feel disillusioned because I thought at halftime we were about to roll them. Ha.

I watched NMSU versus App... they look better than stAte to me. They throw a lot of picks too but look like a more complete team.

GS is by far the most talented worst team n the country. The attitude, mood, or Zeitgeist are all set by the Head Coach - that's actually the most important thing about his job. TS is like Jimmy Carter - just too 'nice' to get the job done.

Erk had a way of making a player feel like he stole from his grandmother if he messed up and it happened without yelling or any of that. PJ, Monken demand nothing less than perfection and you'll run until you puke to get there.
    Fritz has a command and control presence where you "just know" to not cross him.

These kind of qualities can't really be taught. That's why, at any given time in history, there are a limited number of Saban, Meyer, Belichik coaches out there. I'd love for GS to be the place where up and comers make their bones and go on to bigger pay days. We should always be on the lookout for overlooked coaching talent like we are for overlooked players.
    Last edited by The_Eagles_Cliff; 11th October 2017 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    GS is by far the most talented worst team n the country. The attitude, mood, or Zeitgeist are all set by the Head Coach - that's actually the most important thing about his job. TS is like Jimmy Carter - just too 'nice' to get the job done.

Erk had a way of making a player feel like he stole from his grandmother if he messed up and it happened without yelling or any of that. PJ, Monken demand nothing less than perfection and you'll run until you puke to get there.
    Fritz has a command and control presence where you "just know" to not cross him.

These kind of qualities can't really be taught. That's why, at any given time in history, there are a limited number of Saban, Meyer, Belichik coaches out there. I'd love for GS to be the place where up and comers make their bones and go on to bigger pay days. We should always be on the lookout for overlooked coaching talent like we are for overlooked players.
    ACU's HC(smile)