SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tailgating at Paulson isn't like it use to.......

1. Default Tailgating at Paulson isn't like it use to.......

NATHAN DEEN: Saturday home games too few and far between for Georgia Southern fans
    http://savannahnow.com/local-college...nd-far-between
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

Default Re: Tailgating at Paulson isn't like it use to.......

Deen takes another opportunity to kick us while we're down, I wonder what article he wrote and what the tailgating was like on Thursday in 2014 when there were 24.5k there and the team was playing well. Nobody anticipated Irma, lots of people anticipated us being a trash team with the leadership that's in place, but of course the attendance and excitement is down. Next two years there are 6 home games, hopefully max of 1 weeknight each, and hopefully a new coach in place that can build the excitement back up.
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

I thought the man was supposed to be away at a family funeral? I am not going to read the article. Of course last Wednesday was not a normal tailgate.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

I enjoyed that little "I went to Florida, so I'm qualified to know what good tailgating is like"

No one cares where you went to school.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Well, I would say his column is pretty accurate. The only thing he fails to mention is that ESPN picks the weekday games, not Georgia Southern. Poorly coached teams and losing football equals fan apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    Well, I would say his column is pretty accurate. The only thing he fails to mention is that ESPN picks the weekday games, not Georgia Southern. Poorly coached teams and losing football equals fan apathy.
    Yes it was, just a snap shot of what is going on right now. Ignoring the bad does not make it go away. The way some bury their head on this board is amazing. When things are great say they are great and enjoy it when they are bad say they are bad and demand change.

There is no way $2000 is worth four Sat home games even with a good product.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

People on here have griped since we went to FBS about this very issue. This isn't kicking a man when he's down. I also don't remember y'all complaining when he was writing columns about how impressed he was with the Georgia Southern fan base.

Winning football games GATA-style cures all this peripheral crap. The schedule is just part of being in the 4/5 conference in G5. Losing will ensure more Saturday games because ESPN won't bother putting us on TV.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    People on here have griped since we went to FBS about this very issue. This isn't kicking a man when he's down. I also don't remember y'all complaining when he was writing columns about how impressed he was with the Georgia Southern fan base.
    I don't really care for this article because there's a pretty strong implication that our problems have to do with something other than the team isn't winning because the coaching is so bad we wouldn't have a winning season in the SoCon. Hint: Not winning is the only problem. We averaged 20k with two weekday home games and only Savannah State and Sun Belt teams at home last year while going 5-7.

Don't care for projecting out to the Savannah community a completely false narrative. There's only one illness, and everything else is symptoms.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 9th October 2017 at 08:35 AM.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

10. Default Re: Tailgating at Paulson isn't like it use to.......

I rolled my eyes at the line where he says thousands of UF fans tailgate all over their campus and we only tailgate in a rinky dink little parking lot by the stadium. He could not have been more condescending. Also was this his first GS tailgate and did he only stay by the stadium because I was surprised by how many people I saw in the PAC and Union parking lots for a Wednesday.

When are we going to get more writers to cover us that actually care about our program and don't constantly compare us to their SEC fandom? Even the Statesboro Herald is guilty.