SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tailgating at Paulson isn't like it use to.......

Default Re: Tailgating at Paulson isn't like it use to.......

Weak article. PAC lot was rocking Wednesday afternoon. Kind of insulting to say most of it occurs at Paulson when the PAC lot is routinely packed on gameday, including our multiple tents. I haven't been to the Union but I know people tailgate there and if it's a Saturday game, the Ceramics lot rocks too. We have like 3 legit tailgating areas outside of just Paulson. The school ruined the RAC when they made it a pay lot but maybe that gets fixed one day.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Winning football games GATA-style cures all this peripheral crap. The schedule is just part of being in the 4/5 conference in G5. Losing will ensure more Saturday games because ESPN won't bother putting us on TV.
    Wrong. They routinely put dumpster fires mid week for SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    I enjoyed that little "I went to Florida, so I'm qualified to know what good tailgating is like"

No one cares where you went to school.
    Well isn't that interesting?

One of my former softball teammates played at LSU so I went with him to see LSU/UF in 1989. We were tailgating with former LSU HC Charlie (Chollie Mc) McClendon and were a constant target of everything from soft drinks to beer and liquor bottles being thrown our way. ZERO class at UF.

GS has more than its share of idiot fans but UF is the worst place I've ever been to.

3. Default Re: Tailgating at Paulson isn't like it use to.......

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Yes it was, just a snap shot of what is going on right now. Ignoring the bad does not make it go away. The way some bury their head on this board is amazing. When things are great say they are great and enjoy it when they are bad say they are bad and demand change.

There is no way $2000 is worth four Sat home games even with a good product.
    You nailed it.

Yes it was, just a snap shot of what is going on right now. Ignoring the bad does not make it go away. The way some bury their head on this board is amazing. When things are great say they are great and enjoy it when they are bad say they are bad and demand change.

Maybe not. I'm not laden with cash, but my $$$ isn't solely given for MY benefit. If you are completely selfish then you are correct there is no way $2000 is worth four Saturday home games.

I can also think of that 1989 season, my senior year (I actually was a booster), when I spent $122 for 11 home games and parking.

Great value 28 years ago, $11.09 per game for a championship season.

This year ? No. But it is like the stock market ... you get some great returns and some not so great ones. Those that benefit are those who stick it out and ride the peaks and valleys.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

If all the money went to was just the ticket price, then you're right. But considering that it is going to help fund the program as a whole, then I don't agree.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    BS - Building Construction and Contracting
    Lawrenceville, GA

Florida. Tailgated there three times. All were weak
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I thought the man was supposed to be away at a family funeral? I am not going to read the article. Of course last Wednesday was not a normal tailgate.
    Yeah this was a cheap shot article.