SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 81

Thread: Is Patience Justified?

  1. #61

    Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    To answer the original question, no it is not justified. Going 18-7 the first two years in the FBS, then having a senior laden team go 5-7 the third year, and now 0-4 in the fourth....no fan, booster, or contributor should be told to be patient.
    +1

  2. Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

    For all the outrage on here and all the folks on facebook, does anyone know how few actual AF contributing members we have. It's shockingly low. I was floored when I saw the number. Anyone care to guess?

  3. #63

    Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    For all the outrage on here and all the folks on facebook, does anyone know how few actual AF contributing members we have. It's shockingly low. I was floored when I saw the number. Anyone care to guess?
    Not sure what you're getting at, here, but there were multiple coaches making less money than Summers was probably making at Colorado State that I'm sure would do a better job. Maybe not a great one, but better than the cluster we have now.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    23,582

    Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    For all the outrage on here and all the folks on facebook, does anyone know how few actual AF contributing members we have. It's shockingly low. I was floored when I saw the number. Anyone care to guess?
    It's not as many as it should be.

    Which is why the people who pull their donations are hurting the program's ability to make positive change under the guise of "I'll donate again when they hire a coach I ALONE approve of."

    It's a chicken and egg scenario, and it's holding us back.


  5. #65

    Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    It's not as many as it should be.

    Which is why the people who pull their donations are hurting the program's ability to make positive change under the guise of "I'll donate again when they hire a coach I ALONE approve of."

    It's a chicken and egg scenario, and it's holding us back.
    But in fairness do you go buy a product that you don't like in the hopes it will get better because you once worked at the place who manufactured it and you hope it will return to its former glory? The best way to show displeasure and a change is needed is with your checkbook. TK and President Hebert are not going to listen to anything else. That is why we continue to get the same "automated" e-mail response when we voice our opinions and desires to them. The way to affect change is to affect the change (dollars) they receive to pay for things. It may be a chicken and the egg scenario but for people who have kids and other financial obligations it is hard to justify supporting this sinking ships when you could spend that money else where.
    Georgia Southern has created a culture of winning! We expect to win and we should! GATA

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    23,582

    Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by bteagles11 View Post
    But in fairness do you go buy a product that you don't like in the hopes it will get better because you once worked at the place who manufactured it and you hope it will return to its former glory? The best way to show displeasure and a change is needed is with your checkbook. TK and President Hebert are not going to listen to anything else. That is why we continue to get the same "automated" e-mail response when we voice our opinions and desires to them. The way to affect change is to affect the change (dollars) they receive to pay for things. It may be a chicken and the egg scenario but for people who have kids and other financial obligations it is hard to justify supporting this sinking ships when you could spend that money else where.
    And you can simply designate your donation to the fulfillment of the guarantee of Summers' contract on the condition of his removal from head coaching responsibilities.

    If you designate what to do with your money, they can't use it for any other purpose.

    If enough people do this, it would prove a point. It's measurable, and insures that money is still coming to the department to allow them to conduct the business they need to do. They won't sit there and let thousands of dollars build up and not be able to use it.

    People should put up or shut up. Money is the only thing that will make a difference. But to truly make your voice heard it has to be in such a way that continuing down the current path shows a quantifiable impact to the bottom line.


  7. #67

    Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    And you can simply designate your donation to the fulfillment of the guarantee of Summers' contract on the condition of his removal from head coaching responsibilities.

    If you designate what to do with your money, they can't use it for any other purpose.

    If enough people do this, it would prove a point. It's measurable, and insures that money is still coming to the department to allow them to conduct the business they need to do. They won't sit there and let thousands of dollars build up and not be able to use it.

    People should put up or shut up. Money is the only thing that will make a difference. But to truly make your voice heard it has to be in such a way that continuing down the current path shows a quantifiable impact to the bottom line.
    A serious question, what happens if enough AF members pull out and fail to contribute? How will that affect the budget and their ability to pay Summers? My point of the question is if they can still pay his buyout with the loss of donor's money wouldn't withholding or designating the donation as you suggest serve the same purpose? Can you show me the distinction in how one is more effective than the other? I am not trying to be argumentative I just don't understand the finances behind your suggestion.
    Georgia Southern has created a culture of winning! We expect to win and we should! GATA

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    23,582

    Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by bteagles11 View Post
    A serious question, what happens if enough AF members pull out and fail to contribute? How will that affect the budget and their ability to pay Summers? My point of the question is if they can still pay his buyout with the loss of donor's money wouldn't withholding or designating the donation as you suggest serve the same purpose? Can you show me the distinction in how was is more effective than the other? I am not trying to be argumentative I just don't understand the finances behind your suggestion.
    If enough donations are pulled out, you are forced to ride out Summers' contract without the possibility of paying for another coach simultaneously.

    Basically, you'd only be able to afford one salary at a time.

    If we allow ourselves to fall into that situation, then we are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of the "dark years" due to our inability to consider the long term effects of fans' knee jerk reactions. Create something that limits the ability of the department to distribute a large pool of money (if truly that many dollars are "voting" to get rid of Summers) and you create the situation where the athletic department has to respond to the desired direction of the program by the fans.

    Simple inaction has never created change. It's easy to just stop giving money. But if it's something you truly believe in and love, it shouldn't be something you cast aside so easily.


  9. Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

    I think a dramatic drop in attendance will probably be the biggest impact. That being said, I don't plan to miss any games and I don't plan to pull my contribution and tickets, roughly a $5,000 annual commitment.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    6,813

    Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by bteagles11 View Post
    But in fairness do you go buy a product that you don't like in the hopes it will get better because you once worked at the place who manufactured it and you hope it will return to its former glory? The best way to show displeasure and a change is needed is with your checkbook. TK and President Hebert are not going to listen to anything else. That is why we continue to get the same "automated" e-mail response when we voice our opinions and desires to them. The way to affect change is to affect the change (dollars) they receive to pay for things. It may be a chicken and the egg scenario but for people who have kids and other financial obligations it is hard to justify supporting this sinking ships when you could spend that money else where.
    IMO, we are not buying a product. We are not simply buying a ticket or buying a parking space. We are investing in a stock, in a charity, etc that betters the lives of student athletes and that has given us entertainment in the past. We hope that through our investing that it will continue to bring us entertainment and continue to better the lives of the student athletes.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Similar Threads

  1. What will the return of the option do to our patience?
    By gritzblitz56 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 23rd November 2009, 06:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •