SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Is Patience Justified?

Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    IMO, we are not buying a product. We are not simply buying a ticket or buying a parking space. We are investing in a stock, in a charity, etc that betters the lives of student athletes and that has given us entertainment in the past. We hope that through our investing that it will continue to bring us entertainment and continue to better the lives of the student athletes.
    So we are watching a bad cable show.

2. Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    So we are watching a bad cable show.
    😁. Look how long the Jerry Springer show has lasted.

Remember the school is contractually obligated to Summers, but not to extra benefits to the student athletes. Things like renting yellow school buses for bowl games or more accommodating travel arrangements are not required.

To answer the question, NO.

Justified was a great show on FX back in the day.
    Last edited by tapate50; 11th October 2017 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post

In what world do you get a job where the previous guy was setting all time highs come in do the worst job in the history of the company with the resources you were given then get rewarded for doing even worse the second year?
    Happens at every job I've worked. Not saying it's right, but how have you never seen that? Bad analogy but I appreciate the argument and see both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    does anyone know how few actual AF contributing members we have. It's shockingly low. I was floored when I saw the number. Anyone care to guess?
    First by AF contributing member, do you mean someone that donates and the amount of the donation gets them nothing more than the ability to buy tickets? So anyone that has season tickets that don't require a donation wouldn't be considered a contributor. That's said I'd guess it's only a few thousand, but I'd be interested in you providing the number you saw.

8. Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    It's not as many as it should be.

Which is why the people who pull their donations are hurting the program's ability to make positive change under the guise of "I'll donate again when they hire a coach I ALONE approve of."

It's a chicken and egg scenario, and it's holding us back.
    I alone write the check, so I alone will decide the dollar amount and recipient. No one asked me my opinion prior to hiring a head coach with no HC experience and only two years as a DC, so I have no interest in providing more money to help clean up the mess of the individual(s) that did make the decision.

Nonetheless, I think at this point, most are less concerned with the approval of the next HC as much as they are with removing the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle12 View Post
    First by AF contributing member, do you mean someone that donates and the amount of the donation gets them nothing more than the ability to buy tickets? So anyone that has season tickets that don't require a donation wouldn't be considered a contributor. That's said I'd guess it's only a few thousand, but I'd be interested in you providing the number you saw.
    From December 2016:

Over 80,000 successful alumni represent Georgia Southern University across the world. On the contrary, only 2,653 donors give to the Eagle Fund. True Blue 120 also aims to educate current and future donors about giving options within the Athletic Foundation and how each fund is allocated.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

10. Default Re: Is Patience Justified?

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    From December 2016:

Over 80,000 successful alumni represent Georgia Southern University across the world. On the contrary, only 2,653 donors give to the Eagle Fund. True Blue 120 also aims to educate current and future donors about giving options within the Athletic Foundation and how each fund is allocated.
    I was told the number of eagle fund donors is more like 2000 on an ongoing basis with approx 6000 season ticket holders. Most of the donors also buy season tickets. That might not be exact, but is darn close. That means for all the talk we do not have a very wide footprint. My only point in bringing this up is that if all the people doing so much talking were giving in relationship to the amount of talking going on, we would not have to hire on the cheap and have the fiasco we have now. Before everyone gets all wired up, if you are giving I'm not talking about you. I believe most on this board do care enough to contribute. Reminds me a lot of my church where the 20/80 rule applies.

Do not misconstrue this to mean that I am supportive of our current situation. I am not.