SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GATAcast - Oct. 10

Default GATAcast - Oct. 10

Sat down with Summers on Monday night. Here are some more thoughts about where the team is at.

http://www.statesboroherald.com/sect...article/82123/
    Last edited by CC Eagle; 10th October 2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Working link
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Default Re: GATAcast - Oct. 10

I’m on mobile, how do you get it to play? The link doesn’t have any buttons to play, or I’m missing them.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I’m on mobile, how do you get it to play? The link doesn’t have any buttons to play, or I’m missing them.
    There should be a media box with my ugly mug when you pull up the link. That media box should have scrolling buttons like a slideshow. There are two options - the picture of me and the audio file.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Is it basically the same filibustering type answers I have heard during the last two interviews this week? Please save me the time if so.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

5. Default Re: GATAcast - Oct. 10

Lots of low-grade whining about lack of "normalcy" in the schedule thus far along with this year's excuse of "youth". More specifically, Summers finds a way to complain about the length of time between games thus far. Apparently having ten days or more between games isn't normal enough for his delicate scheduling requirements. Not only that, he works in some complaining about not having any bye weeks in the last half of the season. So, to summarize, he can't handle long breaks between games, but the regular dose of seven days between days is also problematic. Oh, and GET THIS: One of his excuses for last weeks defensive failures is that he couldn't get his defensive signals into the defense between plays. Our Defensive Genius coach can't successfully signal in his defensive calls, in the fourth game of year, at home, after a ten-day break between games. But worry not: he is going to work on it during practice. And, of course, he reminds of us of all the cursed YOUTH that he is afflicted with this year. It's almost as if he forgot how he and his DC told us in interviews before Spring how they actually PREFERRED young players who haven't been spoiled into thinking they were God's gift to football because of all that infernal in-game success. Looks like Summers will be successful when and if he is supplied with a team comprised solely of redshirt juniors with precisely 18 games of experience in the SUMMERS WAY.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Is it basically the same filibustering type answers I have heard during the last two interviews this week? Please save me the time if so.
    I'm never going to throw him to the wolves on the podcast. He's under no obligation to take an extra hour out of his Monday night to do it, so I'm sure that giving him the third degree would put a stop to his weekly appearances.

That said, I had already been to that afternoon's half-hour press conference and heard the radio show, so I tried to steer questions away from the talking points he had gone to during his first two trips in front of a microphone during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    I'm never going to throw him to the wolves on the podcast. He's under no obligation to take an extra hour out of his Monday night to do it, so I'm sure that giving him the third degree would put a stop to his weekly appearances.

That said, I had already been to that afternoon's half-hour press conference and heard the radio show, so I tried to steer questions away from the talking points he had gone to during his first two trips in front of a microphone during the day.

My Take.............

17:01 of "Coach Speak"..................he talks alot but really doesn't say much

I posted this before, I'm not interested in ANY thing him or his staff has to say. Show me the money(wins). Like CM said on another thread, "We played PATHETIC........" And pretty much that is what we have witnessed over the last year and a half, pathetic, embarrassing football.

On a somewhat related note, I watched the press conference on the website. I think it's pretty clear that coach does NOT like Josh Aubrey at all. The look that he flashed when Josh asked him about the disappointment of the fans, followed by the quick turn-away as soon as he finished rambling through his answer... wow. I guess that he doesn't like the fact that Josh asks tough questions, but that seems to be how he's always approached his work with all of our coaches as long as I can remember. He's not there to be the coach's buddy or cheerleader. I'm glad that someone is there to ask the questions that the fanbase wants asked, 'cause it sure as heck isn't happening on the coach's radio show.
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

I noticed that about Aubrey too. It's because he's the only one that is asking the hard, direct questions. The ones from the second half of last season are downright hilarious if you watch them. I'd laugh out loud watching him ask Summers such direct questions. But I think you are right, Summers is kind of tired of that head-on questioning because I think for the Indiana game he said something to the effect of "well if you remember, you asked me that same question last week." Ha. But I like Josh Aubrey and Mike Anthony, I watch their videos every single week and I'm glad they do them. They don't let Summers escape on the softball answers.

Mike I actually didn't know about the GATAcast. I watched the press conference video yesterday and attended the coach's show. Those are two times for questioning so with you doing this, there are now three on Mondays. Good job, I'll keep listening to them.