SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GATAcast - Oct. 10

Default Re: GATAcast - Oct. 10

TS:"And again we need...again it's a challenge...little bit different approach...trying to make sure...young and inexperienced guys...we got to...if, if, if, if, if.....from a standpoint"

Remember the climax in O Brother, where art thou? when the townsfolk got tired of listening to Homer Stokes and literally "rode him out on a rail"? That's one of my favorite visions as an ending to a TS Coaches Show or press conference.
    Last edited by The_Eagles_Cliff; 10th October 2017 at 06:05 PM.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    TS:"And again we need...again it's a challenge...little bit different approach...trying to make sure...young and inexperienced guys...we got to...if, if, if, if, if.....from a standpoint"

Remember the climax in O Brother, where art thou? when the townsfolk got tired of listening to Homer Stokes and literally "rode him out on a rail"? That's one of my favorite visions as an ending to a TS Coaches Show or press conference.
    This. I'm over his interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    I noticed that about Aubrey too. It's because he's the only one that is asking the hard, direct questions. The ones from the second half of last season are downright hilarious if you watch them. I'd laugh out loud watching him ask Summers such direct questions. But I think you are right, Summers is kind of tired of that head-on questioning because I think for the Indiana game he said something to the effect of "well if you remember, you asked me that same question last week." Ha. But I like Josh Aubrey and Mike Anthony, I watch their videos every single week and I'm glad they do them. They don't let Summers escape on the softball answers.

Mike I actually didn't know about the GATAcast. I watched the press conference video yesterday and attended the coach's show. Those are two times for questioning so with you doing this, there are now three on Mondays. Good job, I'll keep listening to them.
    Would have been pretty awesome if josh would have said, well sir, you gave me the same result as last week.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I posted this before, I'm not interested in ANY thing him or his staff has to say. Show me the money(wins). Like CM said on another thread, "We played PATHETIC........" And pretty much that is what we have witnessed over the last year and a half, pathetic, embarrassing football.
    0-4 bottom line. Actions speak louder than words.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

I think Summers has been a complete jerk to Aubrey at times. I never quite got over how he acted after the ULM game last year when Josh asked him if he was worried about the offense. That said, I imagine if Josh could do it again he wouldn't tell Summers there are people more upset than he is. He's failing at his dream job and knows if it doesn't get turned around he's going to get fired. He's also a coach and nobody hates losing more than coaches do. And when somebody inevitably responds that Summers doesn't seem to care or he doesn't know how much it means my opinion will stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gsutrublu View Post
    0-4 bottom line. Actions speak louder than words.
    I mean, CTS could be yelling, calling our play terrible, etc. It would not change a thing. 0-4 is not acceptable. The only thing now and going forward is winning, no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    This. I'm over his interviews.
    Things are bad, and he's not performing well.

That said, it's important to remember that these interviews aren't his idea. It's not TS thinking "If I go on record one more time and try to explain what we're seeing and what we're trying to do, everyone will understand and get on board". He is in a position where he is compelled to comment and answer (the same) questions multiple times a week from multiple sources, and there really isn't much good to talk about at the moment. I'm sure hed like nothing more than to not have to recount all of these shortcomings again until we win at least one.

I would like to see an example of what people consider to be valid, non-coach speak responses from a struggling coach.

I think he deserves a ton of (reasonable and rational) criticism for his coaching performance, but all the pot shots about his interviews are tiresome. If we lose another one, let's criticize his hire, speculate on his termination, and pick apart the team's performance. But be prepared, there will be another post-game presser, multiple interviews, another coaches show, another game cast, etc., none of which are his idea and all of which he'd probably rather avoid, and there isn't much new to be said other than "We see the things we think are broken and we're going to work as hard as we can this week to fix them".
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think Summers has been a complete jerk to Aubrey at times. I never quite got over how he acted after the ULM game last year when Josh asked him if he was worried about the offense.
    Wow, he says like, "all I know is we are 3-0" lol

I just had to go back and watch the ULM postgame. Same excuses as I'm hearing now "lots of penalties, offense needs to get clicking, all of that is on me" - fast forward to over a year from then and we are in the same boat. Ramsby after ULM said directly that the "offense just isn't clicking like it used to."

PJ Fleck is absolutely hilarious in the WMU pregame. Says we are baptizing people "in the river", goes on a huge rant about us blowing out BGSU and being so good at every position LOL

9. Default Re: GATAcast - Oct. 10

BULL S**T

10. Default Re: GATAcast - Oct. 10

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I mean, CTS could be yelling, calling our play terrible, etc. It would not change a thing. 0-4 is not acceptable. The only thing now and going forward is winning, no excuses.
    I felt that way starting with our 1st Belt game Ark State. Now with lower team competition. Does it matter? If victorious against NMSU, TK and CTS will promote it like a Bowl win.