SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GATAcast - Oct. 10

Default Re: GATAcast - Oct. 10

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    I'm never going to throw him to the wolves on the podcast. He's under no obligation to take an extra hour out of his Monday night to do it, so I'm sure that giving him the third degree would put a stop to his weekly appearances.

That said, I had already been to that afternoon's half-hour press conference and heard the radio show, so I tried to steer questions away from the talking points he had gone to during his first two trips in front of a microphone during the day.
    I get it just wanted to know if it was the same info I have already heard. Good to know you just dont ask the same questions over and over.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    On a somewhat related note, I watched the press conference on the website. I think it's pretty clear that coach does NOT like Josh Aubrey at all. The look that he flashed when Josh asked him about the disappointment of the fans, followed by the quick turn-away as soon as he finished rambling through his answer... wow. I guess that he doesn't like the fact that Josh asks tough questions, but that seems to be how he's always approached his work with all of our coaches as long as I can remember. He's not there to be the coach's buddy or cheerleader. I'm glad that someone is there to ask the questions that the fanbase wants asked, 'cause it sure as heck isn't happening on the coach's radio show.
    Well when you went you went 5-7 and now 0-4 reporters should be asking hard questions probably nothing but hard questions. Good for him for doing that, I cant stand it when coaches get all bent out of shape. This is why you get paid 500-600K dont like it dont do it. If you want to be condescending, pissy or arrogant with reporters and get away with it do what Saban does...WIN.

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Things are bad, and he's not performing well.

That said, it's important to remember that these interviews aren't his idea. It's not TS thinking "If I go on record one more time and try to explain what we're seeing and what we're trying to do, everyone will understand and get on board". He is in a position where he is compelled to comment and answer (the same) questions multiple times a week from multiple sources, and there really isn't much good to talk about at the moment. I'm sure hed like nothing more than to not have to recount all of these shortcomings again until we win at least one.

I would like to see an example of what people consider to be valid, non-coach speak responses from a struggling coach.

I think he deserves a ton of (reasonable and rational) criticism for his coaching performance, but all the pot shots about his interviews are tiresome. If we lose another one, let's criticize his hire, speculate on his termination, and pick apart the team's performance. But be prepared, there will be another post-game presser, multiple interviews, another coaches show, another game cast, etc., none of which are his idea and all of which he'd probably rather avoid, and there isn't much new to be said other than "We see the things we think are broken and we're going to work as hard as we can this week to fix them".
    Watch a PJ interview after they lose...or win for that matter...I know he is unique but you cant tell they won a game this year. He simply states what they do good and what they do bad. If he was 0-4 you would not get a bunch of certainlies, ultimatlies, standpoints etc etc etc. He keeps it 100% not the hokey over the top crap where you only give up 14 and make some disingenuous statement like our D is not performing crap either.

you missed JDC's point.

4. Default Re: GATAcast - Oct. 10

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    ...WIN.
    So far this year, that word or concept is not in CTS vocabulary or abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    TS:"And again we need...again it's a challenge...little bit different approach...trying to make sure...young and inexperienced guys...we got to...if, if, if, if, if.....from a standpoint"

Remember the climax in O Brother, where art thou? when the townsfolk got tired of listening to Homer Stokes and literally "rode him out on a rail"? That's one of my favorite visions as an ending to a TS Coaches Show or press conference.
    Seriously, man. Talk to somebody.

I have the same goal as Summers: to win out this season. It won't happen, but it's not a personality defect on his part. I mean, Homer Stokes was bad person. He tried to stop the Soggy Bottom Boys because they was miscegenated. And that's not very cool.

If listening to Summers' interviews angers you, do something else. Rake the lawn, help the little old lady down the street. Go pick a fight at the Moose Lodge. That's my go-to.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Seriously, man. Talk to somebody.

I have the same goal as Summers: to win out this season. It won't happen, but it's not a personality defect on his part. I mean, Homer Stokes was bad person. He tried to stop the Soggy Bottom Boys because they was miscegenated. And that's not very cool.

If listening to Summers' interviews angers you, do something else. Rake the lawn, help the little old lady down the street. Go pick a fight at the Moose Lodge. That's my go-to.
    Maybe it's just Russian interference or climate change or a vast conspiracy? Aren't those tried and true talking points when people aren't buying the BS?

BTW, I'm fine. I knew the season would be like. Would like to redirect those who believe in participation trophies to the soccer fields.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    If you want to be condescending, pissy or arrogant with reporters and get away with it do what Saban does...WIN.
    LOL. Point taken but Saban treats the reporters the same whether he's 12-0 or loses a few games. He literally just told them all that they are POISON last week. HA. He's my favorite person to watch do press conferences because he acts like the media is just a bunch of dumb idiots every single time. That's literally how the Georgia Southern thing came up too. It's downright hilarious.

Summers on WTOC just now: "We're 0-4 we ain't got any excuses."
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

9. Default Re: GATAcast - Oct. 10

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Summers on WTOC just now: "We're 0-4 we ain't got any excuses."

Well....

What's his excuse for staying here?

10. Default Re: GATAcast - Oct. 10

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    I noticed that about Aubrey too. It's because he's the only one that is asking the hard, direct questions. The ones from the second half of last season are downright hilarious if you watch them. I'd laugh out loud watching him ask Summers such direct questions. But I think you are right, Summers is kind of tired of that head-on questioning because I think for the Indiana game he said something to the effect of "well if you remember, you asked me that same question last week." Ha. But I like Josh Aubrey and Mike Anthony, I watch their videos every single week and I'm glad they do them. They don't let Summers escape on the softball answers.

Mike I actually didn't know about the GATAcast. I watched the press conference video yesterday and attended the coach's show. Those are two times for questioning so with you doing this, there are now three on Mondays. Good job, I'll keep listening to them.
    Josh does do a very good job. Friends of mine who know video and TV also talk about how good of a shooter Josh is when it comes to sports. We're lucky he's called Statesboro home the last 20 something years.
    I went online to read some GS coverage in the Herald last two days but ... other than a photo of the alternate unis, found nothing.