SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Getting Pissed off

  1. #1

    Default Getting Pissed off

    All this moaning and groaning and whoa is me attitude is staring to wear thin. It sounds like almost everyone on this message board has already written this football season off. Yes I understand our team is down at this time but that is NO reason for the fan base to abandon the ship. I know last year was a very big disappointment to the entire fan base. It seams like our fan base has very short memories, we all knew that this season was going to be a rebuilding even before the head coaching change. We still have 8 football games left so we as fans need to act like it.

    We are Georgia Southern and we are supposed to win. That is nice to say but facts of the matter are that our team has a bull's-eye right square in the middle of there chest because they are Georgia Southern.

    Here are the facts.

    1. New Mexico State expects to win because this year is there best chance and beating Georgia Southern gets them closer to there goals for this year.

    2. UMASS expects to win because if any football program needs a win it is UMASS and here is there chance.

    3. Troy expects to win after the way we have treated them since our move up to FBS.

    4. Georgia State expects to win because they know that they can and for good ole fashion brag in rights.

    5. AppSt expects to win just due to plan old hate and respect.

    6. USA expects to win for the same reason as Troy.

    7. ULL expects to win because they have a chip on there shoulder.

    8. Coastal Carolina expects to win because it would make there season and it might be there best chance for many years to come.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

  2. #2

    Default Re: Getting Pissed off

    Quote Originally Posted by ValleyBoy View Post
    All this moaning and groaning and whoa is me attitude is staring to wear thin. It sounds like almost everyone on this message board has already written this football season off. Yes I understand our team is down at this time but that is NO reason for the fan base to abandon the ship. I know last year was a very big disappointment to the entire fan base. It seams like our fan base has very short memories, we all knew that this season was going to be a rebuilding even before the head coaching change. We still have 8 football games left so we as fans need to act like it.

    We are Georgia Southern and we are supposed to win. That is nice to say but facts of the matter are that our team has a bull's-eye right square in the middle of there chest because they are Georgia Southern.

    Here are the facts.

    1. New Mexico State expects to win because this year is there best chance and beating Georgia Southern gets them closer to there goals for this year.

    2. UMASS expects to win because if any football program needs a win it is UMASS and here is there chance.

    3. Troy expects to win after the way we have treated them since our move up to FBS.

    4. Georgia State expects to win because they know that they can and for good ole fashion brag in rights.

    5. AppSt expects to win just due to plan old hate and respect.

    6. USA expects to win for the same reason as Troy.

    7. ULL expects to win because they have a chip on there shoulder.

    8. Coastal Carolina expects to win because it would make there season and it might be there best chance for many years to come.
    Haven't you heard? TK wants us to scale back our expectations.
    GATA!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    6,619

    Default Re: Getting Pissed off

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Haven't you heard? TK wants us to scale back our expectations.
    Not quite what he said, but then again you knew that before you type it.
    Last edited by KJ Eagle; 11th October 2017 at 12:37 PM.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive


    Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    BS - Building Construction and Contracting
    Lawrenceville, GA

  4. #4

    Default Re: Getting Pissed off

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Not quit what he said, but then again you knew that before you type it.
    Channeling Baker thru TK..
    GATA!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Endless Summer
    Posts
    11,733

    Default Re: Getting Pissed off

    Hooray for losing! Rah rah GFY!!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Getting Pissed off

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Haven't you heard? TK wants us to scale back our expectations.
    How many times has this been posted since Summers was named HC. What do you expect TK to come out an say in public.......

    Look TK will make the decision on Summers future at Georgia Southern on his time frame, and that decision will be announced when it is in the best interest of Georgia Southern. Has TK already made a decision.....Maybe or Maybe not......damifiknow.

    One thing that I do know is if Summers is let go, we will have an entirely new coaching staff next year. The new HC will not be anyone that is now on the coaching staff. If any of the coaches are retained on staff that decision will be made by the new HC. Also if Summer's is let go before the end of the season we all know the rest of staff will only be concerned with finding there next job.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

  7. #7

    Default Re: Getting Pissed off

    ValleyBoy should be pissed off. He may lose his job as Troy spy after USA spanked that Trojan butt last night.

    I've accepted that this season is a losing prospect. Just hoping we can make some improvements and win a couple, especially gagstate, but I sincerely doubt it.
    GATA!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Getting Pissed off

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    ValleyBoy should be pissed off. He may lose his job as Troy spy after USA spanked that Trojan butt last night.

    I've accepted that this season is a losing prospect. Just hoping we can make some improvements and win a couple, especially gagstate, but I sincerely doubt it.
    From what ValleyBoy has learned someone at Troy made the bright decision to hold an all day Mardi Gras celebration to welcome there guest from South Alabama to Lower Alabama. Now the guest from South Alabama knew it was football time not Mardi Gras time so they just said "OK" and just went along with the celebration until it was football time whereas the folks from Troy Said "Its party time" and partied the day away until very late into the night and just plum forgot about the football game until it was way to late.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

  9. #9

    Default Re: Getting Pissed off

    Quote Originally Posted by ValleyBoy View Post
    From what ValleyBoy has learned someone at Troy made the bright decision to hold an all day Mardi Gras celebration to welcome there guest from South Alabama to Lower Alabama. Now the guest from South Alabama knew it was football time not Mardi Gras time so they just said "OK" and just went along with the celebration until it was football time whereas the folks from Troy Said "Its party time" and partied the day away until very late into the night and just plum forgot about the football game until it was way to late.

    Coach Spy-speak
    GATA!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Getting Pissed off

    I, the SwampEagle have given up on this season. At first, I didn't believe my eyes and I thought that I was back in EST. Since then, I have realized reality and know now that this is what truth and visual clues tell me. That being said, yes, I will pull for us, but without much real hope....after seeing what I've seen, there just simply ain't much real hope.

    TK is under incredible pressure to act now, but the reasonable approach....knowing that a change now will probably NOT improve things for 2017, is to wait out the lawsuit resolution.

    As for me, I am concentrating on creative ways to vomit. Violent chunk blowing is my favorite as it emphasizes the utter frustration of the whole situation, but other forms of involuntary protein spills have their uses, too. For example, after giving up those two TD passes on D, I was able to successfully perform a spew....spewing has an element of shock/surpise/despair in it that can demonstrate effectively your frustration without blowing chunks 15' across a room. I've also found a simple upchuck can be a great way to end a quarter or a half.....kinda just puts that period on the end of the sentence. Next to an upwardly directed spew, a good loud hurl is a great way to let everyone know that you didn't like what just happened. Hurls have that great sound that comes deep from the gut....like you're about to eject your large intestine as well as your spleen.

    Isn't losing fun?!?!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. OK, I am pissed! Gett your *** to Paulson!!
    By RockinEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th December 2011, 11:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •