SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CFB Week 7 Thread

Default Re: CFB Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wborst View Post
    At this point, the Southern conference of 1991 would kill every team
    I disagree about the kill part but agree the SoCon teams would be very competitive because most of the teams in the SunBelt were in 1AA in the 1990 season. Now, if you believe the present SoCon teams would kill the SunBelt then you aren’t paying attention. That would be like saying Troy would kill UF because they beat LSU. And then the SunBelt would kill SEC schools because of that one result. I think when rivals play you throw the book out the window. In the Troy/USA series the visiting team has now won 3 years in a row. My hats off to USA, they played their butts off and I think have a legit shot at being the Ark State of SB this year. They have a very active front 7 on defense and the new offensive coordinator seemed to give them a spark. I see our team being competitive with these 2 just not able to win. It will be similar to our ASU game, we had a chance to win and remove 4 minutes from the game and we outplayed them.

So why is Nathan Deen complaining about a game between two teams he does not cover? He seems to have disdain for everything. Looked like a fair crowd for a Wednesday. At least both teams were from the same state so the Visitors represented as well.

https://twitter.com/NathanDeenSMN/st...03585221431297
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

He isn't talking about the attendance. Troy had a good attendance. He's talking about the GSU loss followed by upset of Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    He isn't talking about the attendance. Troy had a good attendance. He's talking about the GSU loss followed by upset of Troy.
    But that made it an interesting game and probably kept more people watching than if Troy State had been winning big.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

5. Default Re: CFB Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    But that made it an interesting game and probably kept more people watching than if Troy State had been winning big.
    The outcome was interesting, but the game was boring... and our game was a sloppy (9 turnovers) blow out. Neither game was "must watch" football, relative to ratings, IMO that was Deen's point. Since GS benefits from conference television revenue it is a good point.

So why is Nathan Deen complaining about a game between two teams he does not cover? He seems to have disdain for everything. Looked like a fair crowd for a Wednesday. At least both teams were from the same state so the Visitors represented as well.

https://twitter.com/NathanDeenSMN/st...03585221431297
    Why are we griping about Seth Harp...sorry...Nathan Deen?

7. Default Re: CFB Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    Losing makes us whine and complain....

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    I found his comment to be very odd. I would hardly refer to that as griping. I am happy to see Troy State get knocked down a peg or two and don't know what his angle is for his remark.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

I found his comment to be very odd. I would hardly refer to that as griping. I am happy to see Troy State get knocked down a peg or two and don't know what his angle is for his remark.
    You realize they are no longer Troy State, right? Their official name is Troy University...
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

10. Default Re: CFB Week 7 Thread

I'm really liking GT getting 6 points at Miami. Canes are coming off an emotional win against their biggest rival and will be playing without their starting RB, CB, and S.