SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing Kentucky in Paulson Stadium?....

Default Playing Kentucky in Paulson Stadium?....

I know some of you are against a 2 for 1. And I know TK's thoughts on this as well. But Kentucky is one of the few SEC teams that is willing to play at smaller stadiums. I really believe the Wildcats would play here. They played at So. Miss this year (22,761 in attendance), and in 2019 they play at Eastern Michigan (Total seating capacity of only 30,200). So playing at Paulson isn't a far fetched idea.

It would be awesome to host an SEC team. So how can we make this work? Well, Kentucky has openings for 2020, 2021 and 2022. And guess what? So do we. In 2020, we could use another big money game. We play Florida Atlantic, Houston and at Ole Miss. So this could be another road game. 2021, we play at Houston, at Arkansas, and at Florida Atlantic. Kentucky already has 2 home OOC opponents lined up so they still need 2 more games. So we could host this year. Admittedly, that is a very difficult OOC schedule for us. But having an SEC team at Paulson may be worth it.

Then in 2022, we complete the series in Lexington. So far we play @UAB and Ball State at home in 22',

And since the series would be 3 years away, hopefully we would have the right coach with a chance to beat these guys.

What do you think? Would you want to do this?

Default Re: Playing Kentucky in Paulson Stadium?....

No two for one's, please.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I'd rather con Savannah into building a 30K seat municipal stadium conveniently close to the tourist district so that we could host someone like Kentucky or North Carolina or Ole Miss in an annual "regular season bowl game."
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

4. Default Re: Playing Kentucky in Paulson Stadium?....

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I'd rather con Savannah into building a 30K seat municipal stadium conveniently close to the tourist district so that we could host someone like Kentucky or North Carolina or Ole Miss in an annual "regular season bowl game."
    😁😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    No two for one's, please.
    ---
    Why? We typically play 1 or 2 P5 opponents every year anyway. So what would be wrong with playing the same one 3 years in a row?. Hopefully we would have a packed house that could generate tremendous excitement for our program.

6. Default Re: Playing Kentucky in Paulson Stadium?....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEagle View Post
    ---
    Why? We typically play 1 or 2 P5 opponents every year anyway. So what would be wrong with playing the same one 3 years in a row? We get the road paycheck twice and get a nice opponent in our stadium. Hopefully we would have a packed house that could generate tremendous excitement for our program.
    Because in 2-for-1s, you sacrifice BOTH road paychecks in exchange for a single home game.

7. Default Re: Playing Kentucky in Paulson Stadium?....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEagle View Post
    ---
    Why? We typically play 1 or 2 P5 opponents every year anyway. So what would be wrong with playing the same one 3 years in a row? We get the road paycheck twice and get a nice opponent in our stadium. Hopefully we would have a packed house that could generate tremendous excitement for our program.
    If a 2 for 1 was an option then I would hope it is not reserved for the likes of Kentucky. JMHO. Our goal should be a H&H with Kentucky, not 2 for 1.

8. Default Re: Playing Kentucky in Paulson Stadium?....

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Because in 2-for-1s, you sacrifice BOTH road paychecks in exchange for a single home game.
    Well, we would likely have a H&H with someone anyway, so it is just sacrificing one paycheck.

For a split second there I thought you were talking about soccer.

So since we've moved up, we've played at GT twice, and will soon play at Ole Miss for the second time. So right now, we are doing 2 for nones. I don't think a 2 for 1 seems like that bad of an idea. It's better than what we're doing now.