SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 94 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Default Who should Georgia Southern hire?

http://www.forgotten5.com/2017/10/20...xt-head-coach/

10. Wildcard
    9. Jay Bateman
    8. Brent Davis
    7. Doug Ruse
    6. Brent Thompson
    5. Kendal Briles....

Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Nobody with the last name "Briles" thanks

3. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

My short list would include Bohannon (KSU), Mike Houston (JMU), Ashley Ingram (NAVY), or Dell McGee (UGA)

4. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

We should dump all the money we have at Kendall Briles' feet. Our AD is too stupid though.

Hiring good coaches isn't that hard.

5. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Ashley Ingram? Every time we lose a coach I hear the same terrible names.

How about the best available coach we can get regardless of offensive scheme or if they are an offense or defense guy? I want the best possible, proven, football CEO who is able to identify coaching talent and put together a competent staff that will mold young men well versed in the fundamentals of football and put a quality product on the field that all fans can enjoy and support. Someone with passion for the game and a fire in their belly so strong, they could bottle it and sell it on wings at the games.

Is THAT too much to ask?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    My short list would include Bohannon (KSU), Mike Houston (JMU), Ashley Ingram (NAVY), or Dell McGee (UGA)
    THIS list is exactly why we are in the position we are in now. It's time for Georgia Southern to conduct a real national search and identify the absolute best man for the job. Not saying 1 or 2 of those guys shouldn't get a look, but the are lots of options out there if we are willing to open up the candidate pool just a little bit.
    [IMG][/IMG]

8. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

We need to get away from the flexbone and stay away. Jumping back and forth from bone to "other" offense is doing us no favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    How about the best available coach we can get regardless of offensive scheme or if they are an offense or defense guy? I want the best possible, proven, football CEO who is able to identify coaching talent and put together a competent staff that will mold young men well versed in the fundamentals of football and put a quality product on the field that all fans can enjoy and support. Someone with passion for the game and a fire in their belly so strong, they could bottle it and sell it on wings at the games.

Is THAT too much to ask?
    Agree 100 percent!

10. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

1. We're poor as hell. So poor that even being able to offer Mike Houston more money than he's currently making at JMU is a stretch. We can't exactly go out and find the next Nick Saban with the budget we're working with.

2. You say that we need to hire a proven coach with a good track record and every person that I named on my list has that. Houston is 19-1 with a title. Dell coached us through a record-setting bowl game and is a recruiting genius at UGA.

3. Let's not make this into a Triple Option vs every other kind of tired, nondescript offense that is used in CFB. There is nothing wrong with running the option, there are plenty of great option coaches out there, and we have been/can be successful running it. END OF STORY.

4I would say that not hiring a proven option coach who knew how to utilize our specifically-recruited players correctly is what got us into this mess. Not to mention, if we went with a coach that wanted to run an offense that our players weren't specifically recruited for, we'd have to give him 2-3 years to install his offense and recruit the players to run it. We don't have that kind of time when our program has taken a huge blow and needs instant success before the wind completely leaves the sails. If we hired some random air raid coach and continued having mediocre seasons while he tries to figure things out, we'll just be another Eastern Michigan, or Kent State, or Ball State with no uniqueness, no notoriety, and a completely apathetic fan base. Georgia Southern is known for hard-nosed, option ball and without that, we will die.