SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

I’m thinking BIG y’all ....

Wait for it ....

Kirby Smart.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    I’m thinking BIG y’all ....

Wait for it ....

Kirby Smart.
    You know.. what if we tried this

(Kirby's annual salary+$1) / all living alumni

It might be crazy enough to work..

/s
    Matthew Gillespie
    BBA Finance 2008
    Theta Xi

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Just because Kate Upton just got married doesn't rule her out as my next wife does it?
    LOL, but trust me, I think the world of CM and would love if he was our next HC but he has gone the way of the PJ.

4. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    LOL, but trust me, I think the world of CM and would love if he was our next HC but he has gone the way of the PJ.
    Up and coming coaches that could possibly have successful careers as flex HC in FBS. Davis and Bohannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Why do people assume we're more talented than all these teams we play? I'm not seeing that on the field. I didn't see it in 2014/15 either. We just had a better coach.

Despite the supposed recruiting rankings, I think we have average SunBelt talent at best. I'd also say we have the worst QB group... which..you know, is kinda important.
    The separation in conference outside of 2016 was not great, we were above five or six P5's with that class and were in the 70's nationally. If you finish at the top of the belt in the low to mid 90's it is just a player or two from finishing mid pack. People focus way to much on conference rank and not national. Vandy being at the bottom of the SEC does not mean much until you see AL and #1 nationally and Vandy #65. If we are all grouped together at the bottom conference rank means little. With competent coaching their is evidence of the rankings mattering on the field usually in conference finish but the middle are is jumbled up. Ark consistently finishes at the top of the conference in the rankings and well they have competent coaching. ULM, Idaho, GaSt and NMSU usually occupied the bottom and they have all pretty much owned the bottom half of the rankings. The difference between 95 and 105 is not that great the difference and can be overcome with a diamond in the rough or good coaching between 95 and 115 is will show up eventually on the field if both teams live in those spots consistently, that is what happened to us under TS. He took us into virtually no mans land in recruiting in one year. Little early but I believe App's low classes are coming home to roost we will see next year when they have to start over at QB as well.

In two years Fritz is on pace from to take Tulane from 97th to 112th to the low 70's this year. That is what he did here, the man can recruit AND develop talent and that is a huge leap in talent for Tulane. I have no doubt he and Ruse would have had Shai further along and or been able to identify earlier on that we were going to need more help at the the QB spot. He got handed a good team from Monken but remember we did not even win the SoCon the year before and he took pretty much the same players and destroyed the SoCon champ the next year. He elevated what Monken had done. Tulane was a dumpster fire unlike us so it will take him longer but I would not be shocked to see Tulane win the AAC within the next two to three years with him there.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

6. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

We should dump all the money we have at Kendall Briles' feet. Our AD is too stupid though.

Hiring good coaches isn't that hard.
    Well, it can be-if you are as sketchy as TK. That guy just looks greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    man, why in the world would he want to leave Army and come back here? Some of you still thinking the GS HC job is more prestigious than the Army HC job?, well IMO it's not.
    it's not even close. army is a great job. we have just as much chance to get nick saban, which is zero.

8. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

I wouldn't be shocked if Brent Davis gets the job and leaves Cook as OC and QB coach. However, I can assure you Davis would call plays and it would be HIS offense. So pretty much the same set up Paul Johnson has at Tech. Cook would be OC in title only.
    I have always liked that about PJ.

No Messing around and blame shifting. If something stupid happens, everyone knows exactly who’s responsible. Of course PJ doesn’t do stupid stuff too often

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Just because Kate Upton just got married doesn't rule her out as my next wife does it?
    You can rule out Rosie Odonell much less Kate.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    You can rule out Rosie Odonell
    Thanks for taking one for the team
    Matthew Gillespie
    BBA Finance 2008
    Theta Xi