SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 7576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

fujackal wasn't kidding about the "monster" fullbacks. In their last game the three most prolific runners were 230, 244, and 216 pound backs.

2. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    fujackal wasn't kidding about the "monster" fullbacks. In their last game the three most prolific runners were 230, 244, and 216 pound backs.
    They are big hombres.

One of those three, Kealand Dirks, very much resembles a former hulking fullback that used to don the Paladin purple, Jerome Felton.

David Sims, who was a B-Back in Paul Johnson’s GT system, is the young running backs coach and has continued to really develop those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by fujackal View Post
    They are big hombres.

One of those three, Kealand Dirks, very much resembles a former hulking fullback that used to don the Paladin purple, Jerome Felton.

David Sims, who was a B-Back in Paul Johnson’s GT system, is the young running backs coach and has continued to really develop those guys.
    Sounds like your HC has put together a heck of a staff that can teach kids the proper way to succeed on the field. This past 2 years has shown me the importance of a good STAFF not just a HC, but a good HC always has a good staff that's one reason why the HC is "good". Oh Fu, it's been a dismal two years. Oh well our basketball and baseball teams will bring us some excitement and something to cheer about.

They are big hombres.

Quick question- do you think there is any way you guys rebound this quickly without moving to an option based offense? Or would air raid or pro style have done just as well?
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Hands off our coaching staff!

Seriously, I do not think Clay Hendrix would be a legitimate target for GSU. Hendrix has ushered a marvelous turnaround in his first year, but this is sort of a homecoming for him. He’s in his 50s, from north GA, has a wife from Greenville, and convinced his good friend George Quarles to abandon his highly successful career as a HC for Maryville High School in Tennessee to join him. I imagine he will be in purple a while.

The OC at Furman is Drew Cronic. He’s a UGA guy and former Furman assistant under Bobby Lamb. He spent the last few years as the HC at Reinhardt and ushered in a pretty good start to their program. He runs a flex system that incorporates a lot of different elements. I don’t know if GSU would consider promoting an FCS coordinator to HC, but he’s a guy with prior HC experience (NAIA) and has Furman playing at a really high level.

It does suggest, though, that a good coach can make a world of difference. Furman has 49 freshmen on the roster, 11 seniors, and has been playing at a level not seen since 2005.
    Don't worry FU!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

I know I‎t had been asked, but why not Brent Pry? He is now asst head coach and Penn State. Would he want to keep Coach Cook as his OC? Or maybe we go with the head coach at Grand Valley State as an OC?

Quote Originally Posted by FLA-EAGLE1 View Post
    I know I‎t had been asked, but why not Brent Pry? He is now asst head coach and Penn State. Would he want to keep Coach Cook as his OC? Or maybe we go with the head coach at Grand Valley State as an OC?
    He may be the next HC at Penn State. I doubt there's much we could do to appeal to him.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

8. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Pry has got a long wait to be HC at Penn if ever. Not sure he'd be our best bet anyway.

We're ahead of UTEP in the latest S&P+ ratings. Moving on up.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Pry has got a long wait to be HC at Penn if ever. Not sure he'd be our best bet anyway.
    All the way until UT calls James Franklin with 10 mil/year.
    Last edited by GSCBBA1987; 12th November 2017 at 03:56 PM.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1