SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 7778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

1. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    Considering we have basically the same group of people who hired TS serving on the search committee again this time nothing would surprise me.
    We are using an outside search firm in conjunction with the search committee that features a few new faces actually

Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    We are using an outside search firm in conjunction with the search committee that features a few new faces actually
    We have used outside search firms before and in addition the search firm just presents potential candidates, the ultimate hire comes from the search committee and TK.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    9-1. Showdown with Monmouth next week also 9-1. Get in the FCS playoffs and a HC that started a football program from scratch. I'd say he should be a coaching consideration unless your in the con PJ camp.
    He has done well but the Big South is probably the worst or close to the worst FCS conference. He has typically played horrible OOC teams as well. This is why with good records they have never made the playoffs as an at large. The record is good most of the team on that record are very bad, with a few good wins sprinkled in. If he wins this weekend and does well in the playoffs that will finally be something of substance. Also this is not your Dad's playoffs or even your older brothers from the amount of playoff teams that moved up to the FBS combined with expansion from the original 12 to now 24 making the playoffs is not that great of an accomplishment. Winning an NC still is, like Mike Houston who has won a DIV II and FCS NC and has a 22 game win streak going in a top FCS conference with and FBS win. 67-20 as a HC 24-1 at JMU. But he is not guaranteed to run the flex so some dismiss him outright. We should be doing everything possible to get him but we will not....sigh.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

4. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Does anyone know which firm we hired? Reputable? A solid wishlist would be the HC from Iowa state..I know he’s not leaving but dare to dream

Houston Nutt has spoken with the Committee.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    Does anyone know which firm we hired? Reputable? A solid wishlist would be the HC from Iowa state..I know he’s not leaving but dare to dream
    ***To caveat the below, I could be completely wrong. I tweeted some of the stuff below in the past, specifically to GS Athletics after we made the announcement we were looking for a coach***

Based on the description I've seen from what the Herald tweeted, it sounds very similar to a service SportSource Analytics provides to help evaluate coach candidates (btw this is a company I'd LOVE to work for). They are also a Georgia based company I believe.

http://www.sportsourceanalytics.com/#Products

http://coachesbythenumbers.com/

They also are very vocal about the mistakes most ADs make when making HC hires.

https://www.si.com/college-football/...ring-decisions
    Last edited by eaglewraith; 14th November 2017 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Russell View Post
    Houston Nutt has spoken with the Committee.
    Hopefully they told him thanks but no thanks.
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Hopefully they told him thanks but no thanks.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    Football scoop did an article in the past couple of days on buyouts for hot coaches. Matt Campbell has a $9 million plus buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by FLA-EAGLE1 View Post
    Why?
    Dude's never worked for Paul Johnson