SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    We should dump all the money we have at Kendall Briles' feet. Our AD is too stupid though.

Hiring good coaches isn't that hard.
    You seem to know football, or at least do a good job pretending by making bold statements. In your defense you were spot on about TS and not scoring 30. What makes broke a homer in. His resume is pretty thin just like TS. Coached about the same number of years, only difference is his were all for his dad, except this year at FAU. Including this year, only a coordinator for 3 years, 1 longer than TS. The question is how much of his offensive output and scheme should be attributed to him. He's worked for a great and creative offensive minded HCs. Maybe all their success was due to Kendall but maybe he's a product of a good environment and not ready yet either. Not saying he can't or won't be a good HC one day, but why him now.

2. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Chadwell has a job. I doubt Moglia comes back.
    I have a feeling we are looking at Chadwell.

I'm already tired of this...

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle12 View Post
    You seem to know football, or at least do a good job pretending by making bold statements. In your defense you were spot on about TS and not scoring 30. What makes broke a homer in. His resume is pretty thin just like TS. Coached about the same number of years, only difference is his were all for his dad, except this year at FAU. Including this year, only a coordinator for 3 years, 1 longer than TS. The question is how much of his offensive output and scheme should be attributed to him. He's worked for a great and creative offensive minded HCs. Maybe all their success was due to Kendall but maybe he's a product of a good environment and not ready yet either. Not saying he can't or won't be a good HC one day, but why him now.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu2583 View Post
    I'm already tired of this...
    Me too, but last time I stopped paying attention to a coaching search we ended up with Summers.

6. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

I think our first look is at Chadwell.

Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    Me too, but last time I stopped paying attention to a coaching search we ended up with Summers.
    Paying attention has nothing to do with it. I would argue a fan base has considerable power to get someone fired, but next to none getting someone hired.

(unless there's an illicit exchange of money)

The coaching debate/search/flex/other thing is about as interesting as our offensive play calling this season.

8. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think our first look is at Chadwell.
    We can "look" at him all we want, but we will not exchange a single word with him before December 3rd (the day after his current team plays GS), and that may be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    What was that supposed to show me? 2 minutes of nothing substantial. I guess he's a good interview, but TS wasn't terrible when he first got here. I could counter that with showing your the GT video of Cook breaking down plays. That video got rave reviews here, but so far Cook's offense and play calling hasn't garnered those reviews. All that leads me to my final question I omitted earlier. Even if he is responsible for all the scheme and play calling, Whose to say he's ready to be the CEO and face of a program at 34 with only 10 years coaching experience. Does he have the necessary organization and other intangibles Tyson lacked. Could he build a strong staff? Being a Briles, are others in coaching possible wary of working with/for him?

I want nothing to do with anybody that was associated with what was going on with Baylor. I have so much resentment for Liberty University giving the old athletic director their ad job and I would have the same towards the university I love if they brought him in.