SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Committee announced

Default Re: Football Committee announced

Two things. One, several of these people were also on the "selection committee" that brought us Summers. Two, it is apparent based on the members that TK will do what he wants and they will just rubber stamp it. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    So basically, TK is just broadcasting to everyone that this process is involving more than just him and is trying to be transparent. I can't blame him.

I've never heard of the faculty rep on the committee, but I don't really need to have, though.
    Chris Geyerman has been our faculty rep for a number of years, this isn't his first rodeo.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

3. Default Re: Football Committee announced

Quote Originally Posted by acm85 View Post
    http://www.wjcl.com/article/breaking-georgia-southern-announces-search-committee-for-new-head-football-coach/13151219

STATESBORO, Ga. —
    Georgia Southern Director of Athletics Tom Kleinlein announced Friday the members of the search committee which will be tasked with finding the Eagles’ new head football coach. The committee will consist of Kleinlein, Lisa Sweany, Tracy Ham, Dr. Chris Geyerman, Mike Cummings and Mel McBride.

Is anyone out of this committee familiar with the flex TO and our history other than Tracy Ham. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Is anyone out of this committee familiar with the flex TO and our history other than Tracy Ham. LOL.
    I believe Mel McBride was a walk-on during Erk's time so he's certainly familiar and was/is the head of the EFAA.
    Walt Johnson
    Class of '00

Mike Cummings has been around the program since the beginnings of the program.
    GATA EAGLES!!!!

Of the 6 people on the committee I would say Sweany would be the least familiar. TK was here during Monkens era so he at least has some knowledge of it in that regard.

Does anyone know who the committee was when Monken left?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Of the 6 people on the committee I would say Sweany would be the least familiar. TK was here during Monkens era so he at least has some knowledge of it in that regard.

Does anyone know who the committee was when Monken left?
    i don't know but I'm hurt that they didn't ask the Garns to be on it(smile).

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i don't know but I'm hurt that they didn't ask the Garns to be on it(smile).
    No dancers allowed.

It seems like a good group to me. Tracy Ham served on the previous committee. I hope he learned about the importance of hiring somebody with proven skills as a head coach!

They will not repeat the last decision.

10. Default Re: Football Committee announced

Chris Geyerman. That’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. Smart dude. He’s been around the block with GSU athletics as well if I remember correctly.

I just remember him as an incredible professor, who also happened to be one of the toughest graders in all my college and grad school combined.