SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A Few Thoughts

Default Re: A Few Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    If I was king for the day, DJ Nino wouldn't have a job anymore.

The music being played on the PA is a bad decision when the opposing team is dancing and getting fired up on their sideline.

Also for the love of god PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE turn the Highs down on the PA. The volume isn't the issue, it's the upper frequencies.
    +1 bazillion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    "We just need our donors to step up"

Anyone else ready for that email next week?

You should be ready for it.

We get what we pay for.

There are no free rides.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    You should be ready for it.

We get what we pay for.

There are no free rides.
    The issue with that is that email likely reaches the people who are ALREADY donating.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by SeEagle View Post
    My fear is that our first few choices for a new head coach may decide they want no part of this mess...
    That doesn't seem to be the way they think. Typically, a new HD will have faith in himself and feel that he can "right the ship." As proof I offer the bizarre spectacle of TS thinking he was going to come here and "change the culture" and improve things, even though he did just the opposite. Any new coach we hire will be thinking the same way: "If they hire me, they will see big positive changes and the program will suddenly be a lot better." And, in this case, it is probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    The issue with that is that email likely reaches the people who are ALREADY donating.
    No disagreement there.

But I'm saying it here because a lot more who post here don't contribute. Maybe it reaches a few folks. Should be plastered on that Facebook page. Between here and there if everyone who complained or complains would be a donor at the $600 level, we'd be rolling in the dough and not worrying about having enough coin to attract not only a solid coach but a solid staff.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

I would argue the money is going to be more critical for keeping coaches than bringing good ones in. I'm not the least bit worried about not having enough money to bring in a guy who could win. There's more than a few quality coaches in the FCS now (though those numbers could obviously get whittled down if they get hired away, though).
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I would argue the money is going to be more critical for keeping coaches than bringing good ones in. I'm not the least bit worried about not having enough money to bring in a guy who could win. There's more than a few quality coaches in the FCS now (though those numbers could obviously get whittled down if they get hired away, though).
    It matters because there are a lot of jobs that will be opening. At least 2 in the Sun Belt (ours and South Alabama's most likely).

Then, with the dominoes moving, it is possible Blake Anderson, Scott Satterfield and Neal Brown could be on the move.

That could really create some necessity in having the right amount of funding to ATTRACT a coach and staff.

I'm not worried about having ANY candidate interest. That won't be the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    It matters because there are a lot of jobs that will be opening. At least 2 in the Sun Belt (ours and South Alabama's most likely).

Then, with the dominoes moving, it is possible Blake Anderson, Scott Satterfield and Neal Brown could be on the move.

That could really create some necessity in having the right amount of funding to ATTRACT a coach and staff.

I'm not worried about having ANY candidate interest. That won't be the issue.
    I was hearing some conversation that Satterfield was "putting out feelers" to some upper G5 and lower P5 alums around the SE that he would "be interested in speaking" if they were .... through some back channels. Since he has struggled to a 4-4 record, I bet that momentum has cooled a bit. He can still get App St on a roll to end the year and still be in the catbird's seat. We shall see. He has us, Gag St, and ULL to round out the season plus a bowl game.
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    Also the selection of “This Is How We Do It...” right after the GS turnover and 30 yard pass play by State was the height of stupidity too
    Yeah, the guy behind me went nuts when they did that. He was freaking out about it. Oh wait… That was you!

10. Default Re: A Few Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Yeah, the guy behind me went nuts when they did that. He was freaking out about it. Oh wait… That was you!
    While the subject of PA is being discussed, wouldn't it be great if we were "informed" on yardage etc? Many of the folks around me were curious about the distance of Flynn's long punts. Had to be nearly 60 but PA announcer didn't call it. Just a small thing but this contributes to the fan experience.

PS - thank goodness the coaches halted the dreadful rugby style kicks. Flynn's pretty darn good at times as a straight on punter.