SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Incident

Default Re: Fan Incident

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    The problem with the fan incident comes down to one thing. Security. Perhaps whoever is in charge of our game day operations learned a valuable lesson yesterday. You need security personnel that's usually just sitting around after the game manning the portals.
    Have you seen the security? They are random people off the street that make minimum wage. I can't tell you how many times during a game where someone walks down, the security guard isn't paying attention, and they walk right by. Granted these are people that are allowed on the field with proper credentials. I've had field passes before and I'd say half the time I was checked (as I go back and forth between my seat and the field).
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    When the free beer garden started it wasn't allowed in the seats. Now people are bringing beer for their whole group and by the third quarter people are sloshed. I wonder how long before someone gets hurt. I like the idea of selling the beer to raise revenue. They'll buy it and it will cut down on the ticket passers sneaking in.
    I didn't see any issues with this on Saturday.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Have you seen the security? They are random people off the street that make minimum wage. I can't tell you how many times during a game where someone walks down, the security guard isn't paying attention, and they walk right by. Granted these are people that are allowed on the field with proper credentials. I've had field passes before and I'd say half the time I was checked (as I go back and forth between my seat and the field).
    They’re not trained AT ALL because I almost came to blows with one last year acting big and bad that checked my ticket, physically tried to block me and told me I couldn’t go down to my seat this way. He had to get his supervisor accompanied by a deputy to come settle me down and indeed figure out that I was completely correct. They were thoroughly embarrassed and apologized for him, and I haven’t seen him working there since.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

4. Default Re: Fan Incident

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    I didn't see any issues with this on Saturday.

Because there aren't any issues with beer in those sections.

You don't see people getting in fights at movie theaters which sell beer, or at restaurants.

People who don't want to drink shouldn't buy tickets there. (I have to drive, so I have never had a drop at any football game.) Blaming beer for fights that don't happen is pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Well, maybe no access until no one is there.

You get my point though, I'm sure.

We have clear bags because ....

We have no passes out at half like we used to because ....
    SPEAKING OF.

What is the point of a CLEAR BAG if they're still going to go through all the contents (barring something blocking everything like a jacket)? The clear bags should not be causing lines to back up into the parking lot. I can understand if you have a jacket or something of considerable size that could be concealing something, in which case you route those people to the side for an additional inspection, but for the most part you should be able to just let people walk through.

There's no reason for it to take as long to clear a gate as it does.

6. Default Re: Fan Incident

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    SPEAKING OF.

What is the point of a CLEAR BAG if they're still going to go through all the contents (barring something blocking everything like a jacket)? The clear bags should not be causing lines to back up into the parking lot. I can understand if you have a jacket or something of considerable size that could be concealing something, in which case you route those people to the side for an additional inspection, but for the most part you should be able to just let people walk through.

Same point as clear bags in schools and such. Security theater.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Same point as clear bags in schools and such. Security theater.
    Troy doesn't even have a clear bag policy and when we took ours in there with all the rain gear in it, all I did was squeeze it to show it was just jackets and they were like "Ok, move along."

We've done a lot to enhance the game day experience, we really need to work on entry into the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    When the free beer garden started it wasn't allowed in the seats. Now people are bringing beer for their whole group and by the third quarter people are sloshed. I wonder how long before someone gets hurt. I like the idea of selling the beer to raise revenue. They'll buy it and it will cut down on the ticket passers sneaking in.
    You can only get one bracelet per ticket, no? Makes ticket passing moot?
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    SPEAKING OF.

I have wondered the same thing. I didn't like the large bag that we were given, so I order a smaller one that a jacket won't even fit in and they are still making me unzip it for them to look through.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    You can only get one bracelet per ticket, no? Makes ticket passing moot?
    Yes, and they hole punch the ticket so you can't take the same ticket back over there to get another bracelet. So I guess if someone wants to pass their bracelet and stub off to someone else they could, but then they would no longer have a bracelet to get beer.

And I have to question the set up at the bracelet tent. That is a slow moving process.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987