SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Incident

Default Re: Fan Incident

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I purchase season tickets for every sport and never attend a home game (I might get to Statesboro for one football game every 2-3 years). Some people just like to support the programs.
    Yep

One day I hope to have enough disposable income to spend money on tickets I won't use but as of now I don't get the concept

I have season tickets for and I live in the Atlanta area:
    football - attend every home game
    men's basketball - went to my first game since ??? last year. started back up 3 years ago.
    women's basketball - haven't been in like 8 years.
    baseball - again started back up recently and went to 3 games last year. 2014 and 15 didn't make a single home game
    volleyball - 2nd? year of having season tickets and never been to a match
    men's soccer - donated my tickets to WINGS

Volleyball and soccer were like $50 each. Not only does it help the university with athletic funding, I get priority points.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Well, if nothing else this will probably put a complete stop to fan access on the field after the game.
    No way. It's too popular. Usually the coaches are long gone by the time fans have access to the field. It's usually some players that hang out and then SPMB gets ready for their performance, while kids are throwing footballs around, fans are chatting, etc. I've rarely seen a coach out there during that time as it's at least 10+ mins after they've gone into the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    One day I hope to have enough disposable income to spend money on tickets I won't use but as of now I don't get the concept
    Well you’ll love the fact I gave 7 of my tickets to the gagstate game away free of charge just to get some butts in the seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

6. Default Re: Fan Incident

My money would be on Zo, the skull cracker

7. Default Re: Fan Incident

The problem with the fan incident comes down to one thing. Security. Perhaps whoever is in charge of our game day operations learned a valuable lesson yesterday. You need security personnel that's usually just sitting around after the game manning the portals.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    No way. It's too popular. Usually the coaches are long gone by the time fans have access to the field. It's usually some players that hang out and then SPMB gets ready for their performance, while kids are throwing footballs around, fans are chatting, etc. I've rarely seen a coach out there during that time as it's at least 10+ mins after they've gone into the locker room.
    Well, maybe no access until no one is there.

You get my point though, I'm sure.

We have clear bags because ....

We have no passes out at half like we used to because ....
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    No. You don’t.
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Well, maybe no access until no one is there.

You get my point though, I'm sure.

We have clear bags because ....

We have no passes out at half like we used to because ....
    When the free beer garden started it wasn't allowed in the seats. Now people are bringing beer for their whole group and by the third quarter people are sloshed. I wonder how long before someone gets hurt. I like the idea of selling the beer to raise revenue. They'll buy it and it will cut down on the ticket passers sneaking in.