SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shai

Default Re: Shai

I'm praying that Jaalon is a legitimate contender for the job. Looking at his highlight film, he looks like his ceiling is higher than any of the other QBs on the team. Man I hope the new HC can develop him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Kado is undoubtedly slower then Werts, but IMO Kado does not just look more composed in the pocket, he IS more composed.
    But can he win us games down the road? I'm skeptical.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I'd have had 4 wide, Glenn/Fortune/Anderson/Michaud(or Richardson) out there for the entire final drive.

It would have been a nightmare of mismatches for Gast with the way we needed to play that drive.

Nothing should have been short of the sticks or in the middle of the field.
    But Malik Henry is the only WR we have who can run. He definitely has a role when we're talking about our vertical threats.

BTW, is Glenn hurt? He came off the field very slowly after his last target (I can't remember whether he caught it or not).

If he was 100%, the way he dragged off the field with his head down would have had me (as his coach) meeting him at the sidelines in full-blown PJ or Monken mode.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by I AM an Eagle! View Post
    I'm praying that Jaalon is a legitimate contender for the job. Looking at his highlight film, he looks like his ceiling is higher than any of the other QBs on the team. Man I hope the new HC can develop him!!!
    Serious question: what qualities do you see on his film?
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    But Malik Henry is the only WR we have who can run. He definitely has a role when we're talking about our vertical threats.

BTW, is Glenn hurt? He came off the field very slowly after his last target (I can't remember whether he caught it or not).

If he was 100%, the way he dragged off the field with his head down would have had me (as his coach) meeting him at the sidelines in full-blown PJ or Monken mode.
    Fair enough.

I'd have whoever our best matchups possible at WR are. Could have used a mix of them to make sure we converted first downs at the sticks with the big physical guys and had vertical routes in there as well if it was open.

Basically we should have worked the sticks/sidelines until midfield and then started looking a bit deeper along the sidelines.

6. Default Re: Shai

At 0-8, none of our QB's should claim head honcho. Based only on coaches preference.

7. Default Re: Shai

Honestly, I am not sure that the future holds a lot of wins for either QB. But to fair, I have not seen enough of Kado in live action to answer that, I know he has had some snaps, but nothing very consistent to see if he would have found a groove, IMO.

One reason that Kado looks "composed" is because he's SLOW, and he knows it. He looks like Jaybo when he's trying to run away from defenders.

Werts needs to learn how to stay in the pocket, but with that funky delivery it's just as well that he bails when the first two guys he looks for aren't open. He also need to throw the ball on time, but bailing is better than throwing late. All of those short passes seemed to be designed to improve his confidence and timing.

If we stay in a run-first spread attack of any kind, he can be a good QB. I'd rather be teaching a good athlete how to play in the pocket and avoid turnovers (things that are coachable) than trying to teach a mediocre athlete how to extend the play and make things happen (which isn't really coachable).

We saw the good and bad of that Saturday. Werts played great on third down on our first scoring drive, with his long scramble probably being the biggest offensive play of the day. Again, you can't coach the athleticism that made it possible.

At the end of the game, he made the pass he needed to make. It didn't work out. He then tried to scramble on the last play because he saw that he would be one-on-one with a LB as the only defender between him and the endzone.

It was a bad decision because he diddn't see/anticipate that the LB would have him squared up as soon as he cut through the rush (which he did). He probably figured he could beat the LB in the open field.

That's called being a freshman QB. Experience and coaching will cut down on the bad decisions while keeping his play-making ability intact.

He's a good player. He may or may not play QB after this season, but if he threw over the top, I wouldn't hesitate to say he has all-SBC potential.

We're 0-8, and focusing on Werts's shortcomings is a reductive response to the situation.
    Yes slower but you cant tell me he is freaking out in the pocket he is looking down field and not out of the corner of his eyes with feet all over the place. I wish he would have started the year and brought Werts in spots to get used to the game speed. No doubt Werts is the long term option when comparing the two but I would not be surprised for another QB altogether winning the job next year by a younger player or transfer, especially with a new staff coming in starting fresh.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

9. Default Re: Shai

I can’t blame werts a bit for looking nervous.

Our blocking has been so god awful all season that he has really been abused.

No one can do well when they have half the damned defense bury them at least once per series.

Kado on one play will look like "the man", then the next 3 plays you wonder if he's ever played QB. He's very slow, struggles with the read/pitch as much or more than Werts. Don't forget his first play last week, he fumbled the snap. So no, Kado isn't the answer. Also, if the kid catches the ball last week, Werts is a hero. I got to go with Werts and to be honest I'd love to see Anthony get a shot.