SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shai

Default Re: Shai

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    Despite the pass interference, Henry should have caught that ball to win the game. He was in great position to use his body to trap the ball going down. Good enough throw from Shai on that play.
    I'd say it was on the damn money. And it was a BOMB.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I'd say it was on the damn money. And it was a BOMB.
    I wish he would have thrown it away on the game ender rather than try to run it with no TO's left.

One more play would have been better than what he did.

Uncontested, Henry catches it. He still could have caught it, but it was an excellent play/decision by the DB.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    I wish he would have thrown it away on the game ender rather than try to run it with no TO's left.

One more play would have been better than what he did.
    Yep.

Another deposit in the experience "bank" though. I just hope we're in position to win down the road on the cost of that development.

Werts makes freshman plays. But I've been on the sidelines at every game this year (all 8) and he is clearly improving despite there being virtually no consistency around him.

I'm not claiming he hasn't had periods of inconsistency, as he has and he isn't perfect but he has absolutely shown growth in the role.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Yep.

Another deposit in the experience "bank" though. I just hope we're in position to win down the road on the cost of that development.

Werts makes freshman plays. But I've been on the sidelines at every game this year (all 8) and he is clearly improving despite there being virtually no consistency around him.

I'm not claiming he hasn't had periods of inconsistency, as he has and he isn't perfect but he has absolutely shown growth in the role.

I have a tough time chalking that one up to inexperience. That’s just stupidity and possibly bad coaching. If no coach reminded him that any throw he made had to be longer than 10 yards downfield and/or out of bounds then that’s bad coaching. But as a QB who is beyond the 8th grade level he has to already know that. He also has to know that you can’t take 5 seconds to execute the spike play to stop the clock. Or to have some sense of urgency.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I have a tough time chalking that one up to inexperience. That’s just stupidity and possibly bad coaching. If no coach reminded him that any throw he made had to be longer than 10 yards downfield and/or out of bounds then that’s bad coaching. But as a QB who is beyond the 8th grade level he has to already know that. He also has to know that you can’t take 5 seconds to execute the spike play to stop the clock. Or to have some sense of urgency.
    The OT did something funky that caused the procedure penalty. It was like he was trying to nudge the center, still not exactly sure what happened there.

I will agree that Shai should have known he COULDN'T likely run the ball in from their but I think once it dawned on him he was beyond the LOS.

Fact is, Shai threw a TD pass on the money that would have won the game, if Henry had held onto it. Fact is, we would have won without 2 4th quarter fumbles. Probably would have won without the return 6 on the first play of the game. Defense finally played a decent game but we couldn't stand the prosperity.

The biggest thing hampering this team is we can't seize and retain momentum of ANY sort.

Yep.

Agreed.

The OT did something funky that caused the procedure penalty. It was like he was trying to nudge the center, still not exactly sure what happened there.

I will agree that Shai should have known he COULDN'T likely run the ball in from their but I think once it dawned on him he was beyond the LOS.

Fact is, Shai threw a TD pass on the money that would have won the game, if Henry had held onto it. Fact is, we would have won without 2 4th quarter fumbles. Probably would have won without the return 6 on the first play of the game. Defense finally played a decent game but we couldn't stand the prosperity.

The biggest thing hampering this team is we can't seize and retain momentum of ANY sort.
    The whole game yesterday felt like that from the perspective of all the media timeouts.

At times the game just felt so disjointed.

9. Default Re: Shai

We should have burned our last timeout after the first down completion rather than try to spike the ball. That would have left us 20 seconds to try 3 or 4 shots into the end zone. That cost us 5 seconds and even had to use the timeout anyway to avoid the 10 second runoff from the penalty. Probably would not have made a difference but who knows.

I agree with that. It was nice to finally see him throw one up in the one on one situation. And I’m not putting all of the end of the game on him because we have a 6’5 WR and never called a play to throw a jump ball to him. Cook did a horrible job on that series (could he have got plays in any slower?) and Werts finished it off with a bonehead decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.