TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Why Georgia Southern needs to hire a triple option coach"

Default "Why Georgia Southern needs to hire a triple option coach"

A pretty straightforward, good article on Underdog Dynasty:

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/geor...-belt-football

Default Re: "Why Georgia Southern needs to hire a triple option coach"

This is what one of my bosses said we needed to do. When we ran the option we won Championships and were feared. Of course he did graduate from Tech! At this point I just want to win a game this season.

3. Default Re: "Why Georgia Southern needs to hire a triple option coach"

I donít care if we run flex, or any other option based offense. I just want to win. I personally enjoy option offenses, so Iím cool with getting a triple option guy, but Iím also good with getting a coach like Doug Ruse who runs what we did in 14-15.

But if I-formation balanced pass and run or West Coast offense gets us 10 wins, then letís do that. I just want to win.

4. Default Re: "Why Georgia Southern needs to hire a triple option coach"

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    I don’t care if we run flex, or any other option based offense. I just want to win. I personally enjoy option offenses, so I’m cool with getting a triple option guy, but I’m also good with getting a coach like Doug Ruse who runs what we did in 14-15.

But if I-formation balanced pass and run or West Coast offense gets us 10 wins, then let’s do that. I just want to win.
    Ditto.

We are truly starting from scratch with this. I want to see is win again-by any means necessary. Option rocks-but winning rocks far more.

5. Default Re: "Why Georgia Southern needs to hire a triple option coach"

I don’t care if we run flex, or any other option based offense. I just want to win. I personally enjoy option offenses, so I’m cool with getting a triple option guy, but I’m also good with getting a coach like Doug Ruse who runs what we did in 14-15.

But if I-formation balanced pass and run or West Coast offense gets us 10 wins, then let’s do that. I just want to win.
    Wildcat Ruse!

ruse is not the brains behind that offense. it is fritz.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleEagle View Post
    Yep. Willie and DeBesse are the architects. They did it so they could use a two-headed monster (Bell/Sincere) at QB.

After DeBesse left, Willie and Ruse accentuated the zone-read and passing elements with Brian Bell at QB. They didn't even use Richard Sincere much at QB in 2013.

At GS, they went in the other direction, toward more option, especially after the Tech game in 2014 (that two-point conversion pass by Ellison was the end of his short era as an explosive dual-threat).

So, that offense evolved a lot, but Willie and DeBesse built the foundations in 2010-2011. Ruse just works for Willie.
    Last edited by pete4256; 8th November 2017 at 12:54 PM.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleEagle View Post
    wrong

The scheme is dictated from the talent on the roster. As Southern moves forward on offense, one must look at the talent from the Junior, Soph, and Frosh class. What are its strengths and weaknesses?

One thing is certain, Southern has talent at the skill position. Eagles have explosive players on their roster.

Questions that need to be asked are ........ What players put in the video and book work on this team? Who is interchangeable (move from offense to defense/special teams)?

As for the OL ......... there's more questions than answers.

Just say "No" --- No more flex. Let it go.