SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

1. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    What must be true? That he's a candidate? Seems entirely plausible to me.
    I hope you are correct.

2. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

If TK has no intention of actually considering flexbone candidates, then what would he accomplish by teasing flexbone names to the flexbone crowd? All he would end up doing is doubling up on the negative reaction when he reveals that he's hired another departure from the flex.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face, this would be about the worst thing he could do as far as ingratiating himself to an alienated segment of the fanbase.
    Oh, for sure. But TK may be biased strictly based on his stubbornness. It took Baker 4 years to bring back the Flex with Monken. And Eagle Nation suffered through all that BS. Wasted 4 years!

Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    TK hates option football so much that he interviewed option coaches for both searches and hired Fritz. And also hired TS who was gonna run a gun option.

Do you guys even read what you’re typing before you hit post?
    What is this "Gun Option" that you speak of?
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

I tells you what if they've ever been north of Macon they don't know nothin' bout anything

5. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    I tells you what if they've ever been north of Macon they don't know nothin' bout anything
    Actually one could be from as far north as Virginia.
    We love Jeff Monken and I think he's from Illinois.

Carpetbagger scum

7. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Carpetbagger scum
    You'll come around when you reach puberty.

8. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

TK's tenacles are everywhere.

BravesbrownsGS has made it clear that as a fan he would prefer a pattern of long periods of losing seasons toiling in obscurity interrupted by brief periods of success and being a merry go round for coaches to a stable pattern of good to very good success interrupted (we can only assume eventually) by rare losing seasons while keeping coaches longer.

You know, the Memphis model as opposed to the Georgia Southern model. Because winning consistently like that is so old fashioned.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

10. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

BravesbrownsGS has made it clear that as a fan he would prefer a pattern of long periods of losing seasons toiling in obscurity interrupted by brief periods of success and being a merry go round for coaches to a stable pattern of good to very good success interrupted (we can only assume eventually) by rare losing seasons while keeping coaches longer.

You know, the Memphis model as opposed to the Georgia Southern model. Because winning consistently like that is so old fashioned.
    Continually saying that does not make it so. Using the logic that "GS can't" was the same logic being used when we restarted the program. Lots of the people that are saying TO only are the same ones that would have said that we can't restart football at all or would have to play at a non scholarship level. I'm of the opinion that we not put artificial barriers in place, such as a TO only offense. The key will always be the coach, staff, and players, not a particular offense.