SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    When we get back to our winning ways and some stability, there will be times we'll find those gems and there will be times those gems will find us.

That’s so true. ODU was kicking *** when they found Heineke.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

I know I am so disappointed with our football program been here since the start, class of 83, along with many others. I want to see a righting of the fb ship now. However we have several other teams in different sports who are doing pretty well. Let's get behind them. I do expect our fb team to step up a few steps sooner than later. I think TK and Herbert know they need to do something like yesterday. GATA GSU!
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

3. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I'd be ok with "a RB playing QB" as long as we win. There's something to be said for winning.
    Like Jerrick McK?

4. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    What was our record against Heineke?

worst karma decision ODU ever made was to stop that game late in the 3rd qtr to recognize Heineke as the all time passing leader in FCS...we were down 21 - 35 and ODU had the ball...then we proceeded to rip off 4 soul crushing touchdowns to win that game 49 - 35

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDad View Post

worst karma decision ODU ever made was to stop that game late in the 3rd qtr to recognize Heineke as the all time passing leader in FCS...we were down 21 - 35 and ODU had the ball...then we proceeded to rip off 4 soul crushing touchdowns to win that game 49 - 35
    That was one of the most fun games and weekends I have had for gsu game. A bunch of us were eating and drinking after the game and we were talking to the officials for that game and someone said Heineke was in the back room eating with his family, about 20 of them. So about 10-15 of us went back there and gave him a standing ovation and clapped for him. His mom and family were crying and you could tell he was moved by it also. It was a tough emotional game and that kid was a true competitor. We talked to his family a while and they couldn't believe we went back there to meet him and clap for him.

I can’t figure out why so much of the fan base is hell bent on that if you can do one then you can’t do the other. Are we ever going to get a Justin Fields? No. But we can get guys that have the ability to BOTH pass and run the ball. Oddly enough if we signed a Jaybo Shaw at QB right now the fan base would be far from impressed. It’s Jerrick McKinnon that most would flip out over.

Give me a guy that can do both. If that means he runs a 4.75 instead of a 4.55 then that’s fine if he can make the throws. That makes for a whole lot more dangerous offense than a QB that runs a 4.55 but is extremely inaccurate.
    not sure where you're going with this, but we've had some really good passers here at Southern. JR Revere threw a damn good ball, as did Gregg Hill, Jaybo, and Ham and others as well. So we've had good passers here and I don't recall the fan base rejected them because they could throw it.
    Go Eagles!!

Half knows as much about the game of football as does Frank Stallone.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

And how are they doing post Heinkeke?

I don't want to be good for 3 years then inhale vigorously until another rare gem is found.

I DO think we can find a guy that can do both.
    But I want him to have developed option skills first priority. Developing his passing skills should be something we can coach him through.

I'm not arguing against a guy in your other example. I'm just saying the read, pitch etc needs to be already second nature. We MAY have to give up a LITTLE speed to get a better balance. We need that aspect of the scheme to be deadly and that blows the doors off of the suggest win cap of the flex.

But when/if we have to, we can take a less talented passer (in between the already both skills developed gem) and still win a lot.
    A pass heavy scheme cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDad View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    And how are they doing post Heinkeke?

I don't want to be good for 3 years then inhale vigorously until another rare gem is found.

I DO think we can find a guy that can do both.
    But I want him to have developed option skills first priority. Developing his passing skills should be something we can coach him through.

I'm not arguing against a guy in your other example. I'm just saying the read, pitch etc needs to be already second nature. We MAY have to give up a LITTLE speed to get a better balance. We need that aspect of the scheme to be deadly and that blows the doors off of the suggest win cap of the flex.

But when/if we have to, we can take a less talented passer (in between the already both skills developed gem) and still win a lot.
    A pass heavy scheme cannot.

I see my point really got across....
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    That was one of the most fun games and weekends I have had for gsu game. A bunch of us were eating and drinking after the game and we were talking to the officials for that game and someone said Heineke was in the back room eating with his family, about 20 of them. So about 10-15 of us went back there and gave him a standing ovation and clapped for him. His mom and family were crying and you could tell he was moved by it also. It was a tough emotional game and that kid was a true competitor. We talked to his family a while and they couldn't believe we went back there to meet him and clap for him.
    That's super. Never heard that. We need more classy behavior like that from our fan base.