SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

1. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    It’s a huge assumption that one equals the other
    I ask because I get the impression that there are some here who would chase down every last PJ assistant before they look in another direction.

Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by gritzblitz56 View Post
    I ask because I get the impression that there are some here who would chase down every last PJ assistant before they look in another direction.
    that likely won’t need to be the case unless TK is that radioactive to them
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by gritzblitz56 View Post
    While you and I have many very similar feelings about how we should go about hiring our next HC ( best coach available regardless of Offense/Defense schemes and can bring a quality staff), I will comment on some new thoughts I’ve had.

And ... this is not to bust you out GritzBlitz56. Just general thoughts.

Even though PJ is an Erk protege and Erk has many under his “tree”, so does PJ as you’ve mentioned. Now there are coaches under JM’s “tree”. There will now be future coaches under Brian Bohannon’s tree. And so on. I’m mellowing a bit about the lack of TO coaches because PJ’s tree may die out or have limited “branches” to pick from.

While I’d love for us to be “very multiple” in our schemes and not be too one dimensional, I feel that some of these PJ disciples are coming around to the reality that they do need to diversify things. Army’s evolving O is a good example. Are they where they want to eventually be? I bet no is the answer. Was Fritz and Ruse’s TO from the Shotgun ideal? Not so but I was most excited to project what that’d be like with a real stud at QB!

I’ve bent to and become FAR more open to a Brent Davis type and something more in the realm of a New Mexico type scheme than I thought id be, at this juncture. I REALLY just want a really good leader at HC that “recognizes and truly gets it” about hiring some excellent coordinators and position coaches and let them do their thing. I am hopeful that our next HC will be this type of person and that we will return very soon to a winning program with character and determination and a #GATA mentality!
    Last edited by eagle95; 12th November 2017 at 12:06 PM.

4. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    While you and I have many very similar feelings about how we should go about hiring our next HC ( best coach available regardless of Offense/Defense schemes and can bring a quality staff), I will comment on some new thoughts I’ve had.

And ... this is not to bust you out GritzBlitz56. Just general thoughts.

Even though PJ is an Erk protege and Erk has many under his “tree”, so does PJ as you’ve mentioned. Now there are coaches under JM’s “tree”. There will now be future coaches under Brian Bohannon’s tree. And so on. I’m mellowing a bit about the lack of TO coaches because PJ’s tree may die out or have limited “branches” to pick from.

While I’d love for us to be “very multiple” in our schemes and not be too one dimensional, I feel that some of these PJ disciples are coming around to the reality that they do need to diversify things. Army’s evolving O is a good example. Are they where they want to eventually be? I bet no is the answer. Was Fritz and Ruse’s TO from the Shotgun ideal? Not so but I was most excited to project what that’d be like with a real stud at QB!

I’ve bent to and become FAR more open to a Brent Davis type and something Moreno in the realm of a New Mexico type scheme than I thought id be, at this juncture. I REALLY just want a really good leader at HC that “recognizes and truly gets it” about hiring some excellent coordinators and position coaches and let them do their thing. I am hopeful that our next HC will be this type of person and that we will return very soon to a winning program with character and determination and a #GATA mentality!
    I will support whoever we hire, but my pick would not be be Davis. Lack of maturity was an issue when he was here and most folks very close at all knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I will support whoever we hire, but my pick would not be be Davis. Lack of maturity was an issue when he was here and most folks very close at all knew it.
    Thats a vague critism. I mean who doesn't like a good fart joke every now and again.
    Go Eagles!!

Immature basically means "doesn't act like I would in every situation"

Quote Originally Posted by gsueagle82 View Post
    Is TK really interested in Brent??? He would be a good one. Always heard TK had some issue with him.
    Brent Davis is a carat that TK is putting out to take some heat off of his ***. That son of a ***** has no intention of hiring any option coach or any coach ever associated with Paul Johnson or Jeff Monken. The bastard hates option football period. We have become the next Prarieview A&M. TK needs to take his yankee carpetbagger *** back to where he came from, where mediocrity is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I was VERY immature as a young Golf Instructor many years ago but an incredible GM at a very high end facility saw in me what others didn’t as far as leadership goes. That opportunity changed the trajectory of my life considerably!

I’m not going to pretend like I know Brent very well and know his true character. I will say that people indeed DO change and for the better. I’m willing to give opportunities to those that have not shown they were ready for certain responsibilities in the past have a second opportunity. While you may not agree, I’m sure we both can provide examples of when it does and doesn’t work.

Such is life!

Whoever we get please develop a great offensive line and a great running game along with a defense that gives up between 18-22 points a game. This and a fair passing game will win us a lot of games.

If we brought in a flex coach who tried to diversify things he'd get run out of town by our lunatic fans.

People clamor about Army's big win over AF last week but watching the game will show they used a lot of shotgun sets. You know, the sorcery that Davis and Monken experimented with here in 2012-2013.