SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I thought he had changed a lot from 05 to the Monken era. Honestly don't know about his time at Army. Hopefully he has learned that you can't be the same as a HC as you were as an assistant. As I said earlier if the committee is satisfied then I will be. The thing i wish i knew, but don't is whether his approach to offense would be more balanced if he were out from under Monken. By balanced I don't mean 50/50 pass run ratio, but merely having the ability to make defenses know we can/will beat them throwing the ball if necessary. That's the sweet spot with that offense, but actually getting there is really hard. Even PJ has a hard time with that, but when successful will win games for you. See VA Tech this past weekend.
    The problem is Army doesn't have a QB. They have a RB taking snaps on every play.

Now, if we were to bring on a QB coach who could develop a QB really well, then maybe we'd see more passing. I'm not really interested in lots of passing attempts (unless the other team is begging us to throw on them) but I'd like to see a really high completion rate and efficiency. We should be aiming for a 60% completion rate.

He was at VMI as OC and as Interim HC I believe for awhile. I know they don't have the most talent but it would be interesting to see what his numbers were there. I know the story has always been that hes big on TE for whatever reason.

3. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    He was at VMI as OC and as Interim HC I believe for awhile. I know they don't have the most talent but it would be interesting to see what his numbers were there. I know the story has always been that hes big on TE for whatever reason.
    I actually agree with him on that.

4. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    The problem is Army doesn't have a QB. They have a RB taking snaps on every play.

Now, if we were to bring on a QB coach who could develop a QB really well, then maybe we'd see more passing. I'm not really interested in lots of passing attempts (unless the other team is begging us to throw on them) but I'd like to see a really high completion rate and efficiency. We should be aiming for a 60% completion rate.
    The difference between you guys and me is that I want to be able to take advantage of what the defense give us. That means having a QB, not a RB playing QB. They are out there, we just have to be willing to make the passing game a part of our offense.

We're talking as if this is a done deal. Is there hard evidence that this is going to happen? I know most of you were wanting an experienced HC who would bring in a successful staff. I like Brent as well and would hope any HC brings discipline to this team and a fire like CJM and WF with GATA but is this a done deal??

Not a done deal, it may be just as likely that BD becomes the next head coach of Kennesaw State.

Quote Originally Posted by soccereagle View Post
    We're talking as if this is a done deal. Is there hard evidence that this is going to happen? I know most of you were wanting an experienced HC who would bring in a successful staff. I like Brent as well and would hope any HC brings discipline to this team and a fire like CJM and WF with GATA but is this a done deal??

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Pass, we need someone with real HC experience Dell McGhee had Interim HC experience and according to the many experts on this board he's not qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by soccereagle View Post
    I think we are slightly less than a month away from anything being a "done deal," but I think BD is a serious, actual candidate and not just a name being floated to tickle the Flexbone fancies. I have 2nd or 3rd hand information that says there has been contact between our school and BD or his representation and that the "no one from the PJ/Monken tree is willing to work with TK" narrative is overblown.
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

9. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by rbostic218 View Post
    Pass, we need someone with real HC experience.
    Sometimes you can hire a good one and sometimes you don't. Willie Fritz and Chris Hatcher were the only head coaches hired with "real HC experience" before Georgia Southern
    No HC experience before Georgia Southern : Erk Russell, Tim Stowers, Paul Johnson, Mike Sewak, Brian VanGorder, Jeff Monken, and Tyson Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I think we are slightly less than a month away from anything being a "done deal," but I think BD is a serious, actual candidate and not just a name being floated to tickle the Flexbone fancies. I have 2nd or 3rd hand information that says there has been contact between our school and BD or his representation and that the "no one from the PJ/Monken tree is willing to work with TK" narrative is overblown.
    I never put any stock into that narrative. WHO is going to tell their deserving assistants not to take a promotion and a raise just because of an individual at a particular job? Furthermore, WHO is going to decline a substantial raise and promotion because of that same individual. Always seemed like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Especially in the college football landscape where jobs become available continuously and GS' last 3/4 have all gone one to advancing their careers. But they aint cool with that TK boy down in the boro, so issa dub. riiiiiight.