SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

1. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

0% chance Brent Davis is next HC.

Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

I'm not against passing the ball, especially when the d is loading the box and selling out in run support. I do like getting them to clear the middle of the field and sell out to that run support to an edge. I seriously want/like to make defenses pay with the passing game. I believe our former system creates those wide open opportunities where a QB that isn't necessarily a Manning type, can easily complete a high percentage of his attempts.
    More than 60%.

I do not want to pass, just for the stat books to say that we are "balanced". There is more than one kind of balanced. It can mean spreading the ball out more evenly to each aspect of the triple option and multiple backs. We can't be too easy to predict as to which guy will end up with the ball. But, I wouldn't throw until the defense shows what and where they are giving something up. If the run game is breaking off 6 plus yards a clip, there is no reason to risk putting the ball in the air. I would have, at times, an automatic hot route to a split end when the corner lines up with a huge cushion... Smoke route is free money with an accurate pass.
    And there is no reason to not throw accurately in those situations, it does need to be worked on more.

Quote Originally Posted by aristocracker View Post
    Sometimes you can hire a good one and sometimes you don't. Willie Fritz and Chris Hatcher were the only head coaches hired with "real HC experience" before Georgia Southern
    No HC experience before Georgia Southern : Erk Russell, Tim Stowers, Paul Johnson, Mike Sewak, Brian VanGorder, Jeff Monken, and Tyson Summers.
    Both bvgimp and Monken had HC experience at some level.

From the Army football website under Monken. (Was news to me too)

"Monken began his coaching career in 1989 as a graduate assistant at the University Hawai'i and later spent one season at Arizona State University. Monken moved to University of Buffalo as the wide receivers and tight ends coach and also handled recruiting. He served on the staffs at Morton (Ill.) High School as head coach and at Concordia University in Illinois as the offensive line coach as well."

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    The difference between you guys and me is that I want to be able to take advantage of what the defense give us. That means having a QB, not a RB playing QB. They are out there, we just have to be willing to make the passing game a part of our offense.
    Uh, you don't pay attention to the things I talk about then.

I've never said I'm ok with an RB "playing" QB.

I've been one of the people that's talked about the flex limiting our ability to attract dual threat QB's and playmaker WRs if we don't actually develop a passing game to go with it. I'm also one of the people frustrated with the fact we have a 4 star WR who can't get on the field, not that it really matters because we don't throw the ball enough or in enough situations to where it really matters.

5. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Both bvgimp and Monken had HC experience at some level.

From the Army football website under Monken. (Was news to me too)

"Monken began his coaching career in 1989 as a graduate assistant at the University Hawai'i and later spent one season at Arizona State University. Monken moved to University of Buffalo as the wide receivers and tight ends coach and also handled recruiting. He served on the staffs at Morton (Ill.) High School as head coach and at Concordia University in Illinois as the offensive line coach as well."
    I forgot about BVG was HC at Wayne State and high school. I was thinking only college HC experience about them all.

I understand that Houston Nutt may be an interested candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Russell View Post
    It would be worth a conversation. Would be nice to have a coach that at least someone outside of Valdosta has heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Russell View Post
    So GS could have the Hanner Hooligans, Clements Crazies, and Paulson Deez Nutts.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    So GS could have the Hanner Hooligans, Clements Crazies, and Paulson Deez Nutts.
    I vote for Nutt Sacks!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    0% chance Brent Davis is next HC.
    Well Duh. Everyone knows that Jemal Singleton is our next coach