SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I'd imagine most flights like that might be on planes associated with boosters.
    I'm aware of 1 major booster with their own plane, maybe a 2nd. And we're talking Cessna's not G7's.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I'm aware of 1 major booster with their own plane, maybe a 2nd. And we're talking Cessna's not G7's.
    I know a guy with a private plane company, I could call him right now and fly in a candidate on a Russian fighter jet. He would do it for the hours and the coolness of it.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Gulfstream jets are out of the question. Most flight like this would be on some kind of smaller turboprop like a Beechcraft KingAir or something. Lots of people and corporations have fractional ownership in planes like that-much more substantial than a Cessna but way short of an executive jet.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

4. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

I would image that majority of initial interviews would be executed remotely. Travel comes later, when/if necessary.

IIRC didn't we do interviews for a few days in Atlanta .. easy to get there for everyone
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    IIRC didn't we do interviews for a few days in Atlanta .. easy to get there for everyone
    There are such things as a video conference interview. Not all interviews have to be live and in person. From the committee make up it looks like to me that all the members are in Statesboro except for two. A four way video conference is not hard to set up and very cost effective. Also can be done very quietly because no one looks out of place and everything is behind closed doors
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

7. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

If we are locked into going back to the flex, then he's probably the best choice. Plus there's the possibility that Davis will keep Cook and others, thus saving a good bit of money. And a flex coach is going to get a pass from the fan base that no other coach would get for mediocre seasons.

I get why he's an attractive candidate. But I still would like to see us throw our best offer at Houston first.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Check Brent Davis resume. Sorry, but we can't take another chance with an assistant who is OC at Army. His resume is not any better than Summers.
    Absolutely wrong. He's a long-time OC with a strong track record of success, including in two different stints at GS.

The other thing is that he's a "real" guru as an OL coach. He is to OL what Summers claimed Zo is to DL.

But the biggest difference is this:

Davis is a system coach. Regardless of his personality of general leadership qualities, he has a strong command of a proven system. We know what he would do, and we know he has the acumen to do it.

That offsets his lack of HC experience, and it represents everything that Summers lacked when he took the job.

If Davis were ultimately revealed as a poor leader, then we're still looking at Stowers or Sewak situation.

Compare that to 2006-2009 and 2016-2017.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I know this may come as a surprise to some, but it is possible to be a good option coordinator and that not mean you are going to for sure be a good head coach.
    That's true. However, bringing a proven system in his carry-on bag alleviates half of new HC's challenges.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gritzblitz56 View Post
    If we are locked into going back to the flex, then he's probably the best choice. Plus there's the possibility that Davis will keep Cook and others, thus saving a good bit of money. And a flex coach is going to get a pass from the fan base that no other coach would get for mediocre seasons.

I get why he's an attractive candidate. But I still would like to see us throw our best offer at Houston first.
    That's an important consideration.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown