SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Trying to think outside the box here... but maybe Calvin Magee of Arizona, OC/RB coach, would like a shot as a head coach. He has been a top OC for almost 25 years and knows the spread option.
    http://www.arizonawildcats.com/coach...&path=football

2. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    I think most of us think that we can get a decent duel threat guy.
    The big question is , which skill do you value most in the position?
    How much of the running ability are we willing to fudge on to put a better "passer" in the QB position?

I value the running, read, pitch skills most. A real Option QB with the ability to hurt you over the top. I'd be great if he can thread the needle, but I really just need him to make a good throw to wide open receivers and not get the ball picked off. The strong running should open up easier passing lanes.

I don't want a guy who is a great passer, that is somewhat mobile while having a little experience running the option.
    I would value them equally. Just Don't see anything wrong with being able to throw the ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I would value them equally. Just Don't see anything wrong with being able to throw the ball well.

I can’t figure out why so much of the fan base is hell bent on that if you can do one then you can’t do the other. Are we ever going to get a Justin Fields? No. But we can get guys that have the ability to BOTH pass and run the ball. Oddly enough if we signed a Jaybo Shaw at QB right now the fan base would be far from impressed. It’s Jerrick McKinnon that most would flip out over.

Give me a guy that can do both. If that means he runs a 4.75 instead of a 4.55 then that’s fine if he can make the throws. That makes for a whole lot more dangerous offense than a QB that runs a 4.55 but is extremely inaccurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

4. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post

Give me a guy that can do both. If that means he runs a 4.75 instead of a 4.55 then that’s fine if he can make the throws. That makes for a whole lot more dangerous offense than a QB that runs a 4.55 but is extremely inaccurate.
    That guy unfortunately faded away with Shuman.

5. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    That guy unfortunately faded away with Shuman.
    So there's not another guy we can get.

6. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

With an unstable coaching staff and unknown direction. Doubt it.

7. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Wake up. There's a reason NO ONE ELSE in Division 1 offered him a scholarship to play QB. The fascination with Shuman as a football player is beyond obnoxious. That said, I'm quite pleased to see him as an anchor in thr pitching rotation for our baseball team.

8. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by GATA28 View Post
    Wake up. There's a reason NO ONE ELSE in Division 1 offered him a scholarship to play QB. The fascination with Shuman as a football player is beyond obnoxious. That said, I'm quite pleased to see him as an anchor in thr pitching rotation for our baseball team.
    You like many other people probably underestimated his football talent. He wisely picked baseball rather than continue with a non pro passing team. Good decision on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by GATA28 View Post

Remember when nobody offered Taylor Heineke a D1 scholarship so ODU got him? Remember when nobody offered Tracy Ham a D1 scholarship at QB so we got him? (Okay I don’t know if that’s true but you hopefully get the point).
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Remember when nobody offered Taylor Heineke a D1 scholarship so ODU got him? Remember when nobody offered Tracy Ham a D1 scholarship at QB so we got him? (Okay I don’t know if that’s true but you hopefully get the point).
    When we get back to our winning ways and some stability, there will be times we'll find those gems and there will be times those gems will find us.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me