SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    How many 5-7 or 6-6 seasons have we had running flex?
    Oh no you di'int
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    So it's ok to be mediocre as long as we run the flex?

That's a problem with our fanbase.
    No. But stability is important. Blowing things up every other year will kill this program. We would be ULM within 10 years.

Ayers has had plenty of mediocre seasons at Wofford.

I don't want "plenty," but I'm willing to endure a hard luck 5-7 or 6-6 season every so often if we average 8 wins per year into perpetuity.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

3. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by gritzblitz56 View Post

Flex coaches are going to get way more leeway for a 5-7 or 6-6 season than will anyone else.
    That's where your incorrect. Whenever we ran the FLEX over the last twenty years, we've never been worse than 7-4. It's when we veered away from the flex is when we were in that 6-6 or much worse territory.

4. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

We probably would have had several pre-1997, but we played multiple non-DI teams a lot of those years.

Honestly, the 1992 schedule is embarrassing. 7-4 with home games against Valdosta State (D-II), Savannah State (D-II), Jacksonville State (D-II), Mississippi College (D-II), and a 21-0 loss to Troy (D-II). That team went 3-2 against I-AA teams.
    December 20, 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    This is a disaster hire and everyone knows it except our AD. This just set GS football back a solid 10 years. Welcome to the beginning of GS football FBS mediocrity.

Can we just go ahead and Fire the guy after the disastrous 2016 we're sure to have? Why draw this bull**** out?

How many seasons with the flex were against an all-FBS schedule?

I get your point, but if we go back to the flex, Elon, Johnson C Smith, Savannah State and Western Carolina aren't showing back up on the schedule. Also, I know the bottom of the Sun Belt is terrible and we would probably beat them, but you get my point.

6. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    That's where your incorrect. Whenever we ran the FLEX over the last twenty years, we've never been worse than 7-4. It's when we veered away from the flex is when we were in that 6-6 or much worse territory.
    You act like I just fell from the sky yesterday. I was in the stands in 1992 watching a dreadful flex team. The only reason we didn't have a losing record was that the schedule was softer than baby thighs. Same for 2003. We underachieved massively with the talent we had. There's this myth that we can't possibly be bad while running the flex. I promise you that it's possible. I have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    How many seasons with the flex were against an all-FBS schedule?
    The same number that we had an 85-scholarship roster full of FBS recruits?
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

8. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

He said "going to to get," as in possible in the future. He did not say it happened.

9. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    I am not sure how some can continue to compare flex vs non-flex seasons when their are so many nonequivalent factors involved. You are comparing different coaches and/or players, and the most a non-flex HC has had at GS is, what, two years? Flex vs non-flex years is an impractical argument.

10. Default Re: Brent Davis Among Leading Canidates According to Football Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I am not sure how some can continue to compare flex vs non-flex seasons when their are so many nonequivalent factors involved. You are comparing different coaches and/or players, and the most a non-flex HC has had at GS is, what, two years? Flex vs non-flex years is an impractical argument.
    Not to mention when people refer to our flex years, they are referring to two really good football coaches.

But everything that they have done just gets boiled down and attributed to "FLEX!". Which I think is a tremendous disservice to their abilities.