SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blind Resumes

1. Default Blind Resumes

This chart shows 8 commonly referenced coaches with a few key offensive stats. There are plenty other stats to pick, but collating FCS stats is a huge pain and this collection should highlight explosiveness (YPP), efficiency (3rd Down %), and finishing drives (Red Zone TD %).

Disclaimer: we're assuming any head coaches on this list are bringing their respective OCs... also, this only shows offensive stats because I can't pin a defensive performance on someone who is currently an OC (also this is Georgia Southern and who cares about defense?).

Rank your top 3 and let us know your thought process. What's important to you?

EDIT: Here are the results:

Last edited by Klak; 9th November 2017 at 04:48 PM.
    December 20, 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    This is a disaster hire and everyone knows it except our AD. This just set GS football back a solid 10 years. Welcome to the beginning of GS football FBS mediocrity.

Can we just go ahead and Fire the guy after the disastrous 2016 we're sure to have? Why draw this bull**** out?

Default Re: Blind Resumes

I pitched this to Klak a couple of days ago and it's done in an intentionally vague-ish way to keep it from being easy to figure out.

This is kind of an amateur attempt at something like what SportSource provides, an unemotional look at how a coach performs. There's been a bunch of talk lately about some coaches just not fitting and all that, so the thought process was to distill it down to how they do their job. Culture/fit/ties things like that can be important, but that was TOO much of the focus in the last search. We need someone who can actually succeed.

It also had to be some simplified stats since you can't get advanced analytics for all levels of competition.

I'm not voting because I know who everyone is.

Also, don't reveal who you think each selection is. Let's not color anyone's judgement.
    Last edited by eaglewraith; 8th November 2017 at 09:05 PM.

1. 5

2. 8

3. 7

Cannot argue with a redzone TD% of over 80. That stands out. 8 and 7 are next highest because of YPP. Correlation between YPP and overall production isn't debatable.

Tho I wouldn't mind a PM telling me who I just voted for

#5 - Best red zone TD %. Highest 3rd down conversion rate.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Now do us all a favor and let us know the names! lol

6. Default Re: Blind Resumes

How about scoring efficiently. Nobody really talks about that stat. Can somebody give me that stat?
    Go Eagles!!

8. Default Re: Blind Resumes

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    How about scoring efficiently. Nobody really talks about that stat. Can somebody give me that stat?
    So it has been 25 hours. Where are the names?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive:
    #1 .53
    #2 .39
    #3 .49
    #4 .40
    #5 .47
    #6 .35
    #7 .52
    #8 .57

That's points per play, which is what I think you were wanting.
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.