SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blind Resumes

Default Re: Blind Resumes

2. Default Re: Blind Resumes

We've unanimously hired 5. I got confirmation on who 5 is.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive:
    #1 .53
    #2 .39
    #3 .49
    #4 .40
    #5 .47
    #6 .35
    #7 .52
    #8 .57

That's points per play, which is what I think you were wanting.
    actually no I think! possessions vs points or maybe some sort of ratio. I'm not a stat guy. But I'd like to see a metric that shows the efficiency of possesions and scoring! To me that negates a lot of these stats. If you ain't scoring on a high percentage of your offensive drives then it doesn't matter how many ypp you get.
    Go Eagles!!

5. Default Re: Blind Resumes

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    This chart shows 8 commonly referenced coaches with a few key offensive stats. There are plenty other stats to pick, but collating FCS stats is a huge pain and this collection should highlight explosiveness (YPP), efficiency (3rd Down %), and finishing drives (Red Zone TD %).

Disclaimer: we're assuming any head coaches on this list are bringing their respective OCs... also, this only shows offensive stats because I can't pin a defensive performance on someone who is currently an OC (also this is Georgia Southern and who cares about defense?).

Rank your top 3 and let us know your thought process. What's important to you?

I'll reveal the names after 24 hours.
    1. 8 - highest YPP, over 5 YPP rushing the ball, over 60% TDs in the redzone. All around really impressive offense

2. 5 - YPP over 6, YPP rushing over 6 (impressive), 81.8% TDs in the redzone!. 51% on 3rd down...damn fine offense.

3. 1 - YPP over 6, YPP rushing RIGHT under 5, Redzone TDs over 60%, good on 3rd downs.

***YPP and finishing drives is probably most important to me.

6. Default Re: Blind Resumes

If you don't have #8 on your list, you're probably on the current Georgia Southern Football Coach Search Committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    actually no I think! possessions vs points or maybe some sort of ratio. I'm not a stat guy. But I'd like to see a metric that shows the efficiency of possesions and scoring! To me that negates a lot of these stats. If you ain't scoring on a high percentage of your offensive drives then it doesn't matter how many ypp you get.
    Oh my bad. I just threw this together. I guess the higher number is still better even if its not a widely discussed statistic.
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

1. 8
    2. 5
    3. 1

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    So it has been 25 hours. Where are the names?
    The rest of us aren't in the future. This was posted just over an hour ago.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

"Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009